Calling all MP New Zealanders (Both of you!!) (5 Viewers)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Got Workbench loaded. The value is "no" and I guess it needs to be "yes". I can't seem to work out how to change it.

It does need to be "yes". You can run the following query to update it:

Code:
    UPDATE setting SET value = 'yes' WHERE tag = 'createtaginfoxml';

Of course that won't get you XML files back for the last however-many months though. I'll have to think about that one...

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks. I'll run that later. Perhaps the importer should work without the xml files. I realize there won't be any program info or when it was recorded etc. It could read the program title and channel from the filename. Just a thought. Otherwise I was going to look at creating XML files manually.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Perhaps the importer should work without the xml files. I realize there won't be any program info or when it was recorded etc. It could read the program title and channel from the filename. Just a thought.
    The difficulty with doing that is not that data is missing. Rather, it is that file names could potentially be in any format. Assuming that the current filename format set in TV Server configuration is correct then it would be possible to "blindly" import as long as we make it clear how it is doing it.

Otherwise I was going to look at creating XML files manually.
    That would probably be the best option for your recent recordings. For the older recordings: I was wondering whether it could be useful to have another button that regenerates XML files from the info in the database...

mm

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I was wondering whether it could be useful to have another button that regenerates XML files from the info in the database...
    Since the XML option is generally switched on for everyone (except me) I don't see it being required.

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    That change worked and I'm getting XML files now. I remember now why I disabled that option many moons ago. I was getting dozens of folders with only XML files in it for old programs that were deleted after watching. Hopefully that bug has been resolved.

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I did a rescan of the DVB-T muxes here in Tauranga to see if there were any new channels or if the 4th mux was in operation yet (but no), and I ended up with all 4 TVNZ channels being added again and so duplicated. I deleted all 8 TVNZ channels and rescanned again. It says 4 new channels added, but again appear twice. Eventually after cancelling and reloading the TV Server config and repeating the above did it finally only have 1 entry of these channels. Strange and thought I should mention it in case it comes up again.

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    mm, not sure if this is your department, or if it's just me, but since 1.2, when changing channels from an HD to an SD freeview channel, the audio goes silent. Currently we need stop first before viewing an SD channel. Worked fine in 1.1.

Edwood

Portal Pro
    September 16, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've had a similar problem to this for ages... Basically, I can't change channels without stopping the TV first. If I select a new live channel using the TV Guide for example - I often end up with the picture freezing, and the audio from the old channel... or something like that.

It doesn't really bother me because we almost never watch live TV anyway.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi rlevis

I did a rescan of the DVB-T muxes here in Tauranga to see if there were any new channels or if the 4th mux was in operation yet (but no), and I ended up with all 4 TVNZ channels being added again and so duplicated. I deleted all 8 TVNZ channels and rescanned again. It says 4 new channels added, but again appear twice. Eventually after cancelling and reloading the TV Server config and repeating the above did it finally only have 1 entry of these channels. Strange and thought I should mention it in case it comes up again.
    Reason is that Freeview and/or TVNZ seems to use different TSID values for different areas but they mix up the values somehow (ie. sometimes different TSID values show up within one region). Perhaps it is a regional ads implementation for DVB-T. Enable the "channel movement detection" option when you scan and you should never see the problem again.

mm, not sure if this is your department, or if it's just me, but since 1.2, when changing channels from an HD to an SD freeview channel, the audio goes silent. Currently we need stop first before viewing an SD channel. Worked fine in 1.1.
    Which codecs are you using, and do you have "prefer AC3" enabled? I was getting that when TVNZ first started broadcasting AC3/DD, but now the problem seems to have resolved itself. I'm using Monogram for HE-AAC and AC3Filter 1.63b for MPEG/AC3 audio with prefer AC3 enabled.

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom