Calling all users: Do you use MyTV in MediaPortal? (1 Viewer)

Do you use MyTV in MediaPortal?

• No, I don't.

Votes: 158 12.4%
  • Yes, the one that comes along with 0.2.2.0.

Votes: 684 53.9%
  • Yes, TV-Server (Single Seat).

Votes: 191 15.0%
  • Yes, TV-Server (Multi Seat).

Votes: 211 16.6%
  • Yes, but I don't know which Engine I use.

Votes: 26 2.0%

• Total voters

chartsch

February 24, 2007
Home Country
France France
I use MyTV.

I prefer MyTV to be perfectly debug with interesting options instead of a tvserver.

I would like MyTV with the ability to capture video from composite or S-VHS input even if the encoder is software.

I understand it's very interesting to develop a new project but I prefer to have a simple system that work perfectly.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    * HDTV (h264 and more) streaming. Not only to be able to stream just TV but also video files. And here I would like someone to awnser if it is only me or if this would be possible: 1080p (blueray/hd-dvd) needs a bit more CPU to decode to be able to show, is it the process to show the 1080p over dvi/hdmi that needs the most CPU or is it the process of decoding the data files?

Unfortunately this is hardware related, so the average HTPC, is not going to fully benefit at the moment.

Typical grafix card is about 6600GT or ATI equivalent, this will improve with time like most things pc related.

Wiegel

March 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I use the TV Server, but in Single Seat - I´ll try to install and run a MultiSeat in a week. Sorry for my bad english ;)

SpongeRob

March 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Because of the multi seat feature I would like to use TV server very much, but is isn't working (yet) with my old analog HP WinTV card.
    So still using the standard 'old' version of MyTV.

Nogge69

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Tested the multi seat last week, and WOW that was great. Rock stable running two streams at the same time. Only some slight lag from timr to time, which i guess is caused by the wireless lan connection from the TV server. Now working on putting this into my Win2003 fileserver where i have a gigabit connection to most om my machines in the house. Using one PVR-500 and a Pinnacle SW card.
    The TV-server is an excellent application, keep up the good work!

MrWorf

Portal Pro
    August 15, 2006
    Tried the TV-server several times. The last time it actually worked... Somewhat. But I grew tired of the hit-n-miss nature of connectivity between server and clients (even when running the client on the server machine). Also had serious problems watching recordings that were in progress (ie, tv show started 20:00, started to watch 20:30).

And it didn't help that MP went from awfully slow when changing channels to dead-in-the-water slow (sometimes resulting in loss of TV, requiring restart of MP client) or not being able to change channel.

I use a dual tuner DVB-T card (Pinnacle 2000i) and a dual tuner Hauppauge PVR500.

Think I'll stick with the non-server version for now. I need working TV functionallity :)

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

Just FYI I've been working on a PowerScheduler plugin for tve3. While I think it's pretty stable already I'm planning on releasing it when it's feature-complete. Hopefully this will be somewhere around the end of this week. If not, you'll just have to wait a bit longer... :p Before questions start to arise: it currently supports singleseat only. The client part (which runs as a plugin in MP) can also be used in a client/server setup, but running the powerscheduler on a server in such an environment is not supported.

Kind regards,
    Michel

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Michel is doing a great job on that! Thanks for it! And take the time you need :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom