Calling all users: Do you use MyTV in MediaPortal? (1 Viewer)

Do you use MyTV in MediaPortal?

• No, I don't.

Votes: 158 12.4%
  • Yes, the one that comes along with 0.2.2.0.

Votes: 684 53.9%
  • Yes, TV-Server (Single Seat).

Votes: 191 15.0%
  • Yes, TV-Server (Multi Seat).

Votes: 211 16.6%
  • Yes, but I don't know which Engine I use.

Votes: 26 2.0%

• Total voters

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    To be honest - the only reason why I'm waiting for the TVEngine is it's capability to record true MPEG streams instead of MSDVR. I would also be happy if this functionality gets integrated into 0.2.3
    Thats impossible, because the inbuild TV-Engine from MediaPortal 0.2.X.X uses the Microsoft StreamBufferEngine (which comes with WinXP). and that can only record a dvr-ms.

surfermc

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2006
    Dorset
    Home Country
    England England
    I am using TV3 in a single seat configuration and find the quality a better ie recordings don't skip and jump. This is despite several small niggles and ear bashing.

The areas that are :
    1. Can't skip forward and backward a recorded show within MyTV, although it can be done in MyVideo.
    2. Unable to paly half a recorded show and then return to that same location to view later. This again works through MyVideo.
    3. Can't start playing a show while it is recording
    4. Dates and time displayed for Scheduled recordings are in the past.

It might sound like a list of complaints but I find that the pros far outweigh cons, and now with the Powerecheduler plugin it will be even better.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    1.Can't skip forward and backward a recorded show within MyTV, although it can be done in MyVideo.
    skip steps were broken a short time back. frodo allready fixed that.
    2.Unable to paly half a recorded show and then return to that same location to view later. This again works through MyVideo.
    not sure what you mean. since you say in 3. that you cant even play a currently recorded show :confused:
    3.Can't start playing a show while it is recording
    sure you can :)
    just look @ TV-Streams
    there you will find the currently in progress recording -> select -> watch (there is a slight issue with OSD, allready in mantis)

4.Dates and time displayed for Scheduled recordings are in the past.
    never seen that here

surfermc

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2006
    Dorset
    Home Country
    England England
    1.Can't skip forward and backward a recorded show within MyTV, although it can be done in MyVideo.
    skip steps were broken a short time back. frodo allready fixed that.
    I will have to try again.
    2.Unable to paly half a recorded show and then return to that same location to view later. This again works through MyVideo.
    not sure what you mean. since you say in 3. that you cant even play a currently recorded show :confused:
    This is referring to a recording that has been completed. If I start to watch the recording and then have to stop and return to it at a later time it will start playing from the start, not the place where I left it. If you access the same recording fro MyVideo it remembers where you stopped and gives you an option to restart from that point.
    3.Can't start playing a show while it is recording
    sure you can :)
    just look @ TV-Streams
    there you will find the currently in progress recording -> select -> watch (there is a slight issue with OSD, allready in mantis)
    With TV2 I've alway navigated to a programme from either the TV Guide, Scheduled Recordings, will give TV streams a go.

4.Dates and time displayed for Scheduled recordings are in the past.
    never seen that here[/QUOTE]Here is a link https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/schedule_recording_not_being_updated-t19505.html

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    This is referring to a recording that has been completed. If I start to watch the recording and then have to stop and return to it at a later time it will start playing from the start, not the place where I left it. If you access the same recording fro MyVideo it remembers where you stopped and gives you an option to restart from that point.
    ah, thats true. you can not resume to watch from the point here you stoped it. reason is that the tv-server creates an rtsp stream for the recorded file you want to watch.
    you are not playing the file directly as MyVideos does :)

warwon

Portal Pro
    December 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    The reason I don't use it.

I find it to be a very broken tool in media portal.

I live in canada so guide support is limited.

the program crashed a lot, guess it can record. Doesn't compress the videos like my main TV program does.

I use Media Portal and Beyond TV

surfermc

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2006
    Dorset
    Home Country
    England England
    ah, thats true. you can not resume to watch from the point here you stoped it. reason is that the tv-server creates an rtsp stream for the recorded file you want to watch.

Thanks for the explanation it makes now. I need to start thinking of this in a different light.

I thought the idea of place shifting feature was to be able to start watching in one location and then continue watching in another, This does not seem possible.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Thanks for the explanation it makes now. I need to start thinking of this in a different light.

I thought the idea of place shifting feature was to be able to start watching in one location and then continue watching in another, This does not seem possible.
    i would like to add the word "yet" ;)

its how things are at the moment :)

Nicodemuz

Portal Member
    January 10, 2005
    I don't have a TV-card, I only use MP to stream from my Dreambox.

Can TVEngine3 do that?

PalmBayChuck

Portal Member
    March 18, 2007
    My WinTV card won't work

I've been unsuccessful getting my WinTV 848 based card working. So for now, I just use MediaPortal as a 'portal' to my recorded and downloaded TV/Movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom