Calling all users: Do you use MyTV in MediaPortal? (1 Viewer)

Do you use MyTV in MediaPortal?

• No, I don't.

Votes: 158 12.4%
  • Yes, the one that comes along with 0.2.2.0.

Votes: 684 53.9%
  • Yes, TV-Server (Single Seat).

Votes: 191 15.0%
  • Yes, TV-Server (Multi Seat).

Votes: 211 16.6%
  • Yes, but I don't know which Engine I use.

Votes: 26 2.0%

• Total voters

nettech_gt

Portal Pro
January 19, 2006
I have been using 2.2.0 for several months and for the most part it has been working very reliably. I am very grateful for all the hard work put into it!

As for the TV engine 3...... Well.... I have watched the videos (which were very helpful and well made) I have read all the documentation and have searched all over the forums, yet I can't get my Nvidia Dual TV tuner card to detect any channels. I have posted my specs and log files in several posts, yet after almost a month the only replies to those posts have been from other frustrated MP users that have the same issue. Wanting to know... Is this issue being worked on? When will this issue will be fixed? So at this point I really have not been able to test/use it very much do to lack of functionality and support. I'm very anxious to gets this issue fixed and very much appreciate all the hard work that gone in to TV engine 3 thus far.

Related posts:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/nvidia_dual_tv_cant_find_channels-t19246.html

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/tv_card_detected_but_no_channels_found-t15102.html

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/problems_several_hw_encoding_analog_tuner_cards-t20086.html

xemumanic

Portal Pro
March 19, 2006
East Strondsburg PA
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
ATTENTION!

i am realy surprised that the majority of the users are still thinking that the client / server architecture is the only pro of the TV-Server. :confused:

thats why i did a very quick (and not complete)
TV-Engines comparaison
-->>here<<--

Yeah, that's another thing about it people don't get. You don't have to have MP running to record something, even in a single seat. The TV server just quietly runs in the background, using minimal resources, recording whatever you want. And imagine this over the network, your HTPC doesn't need to be on all the time. Already tried this in the Windows Home Server beta and it works just great.

But personally, I use the single seat on my workstation, and the server on the Home Server box. The moment the TV server was released, I tried it, and except for one minor glitch, I had it working within an hour. Zapping is more than fast enough, but yeah, as someone else said, we should still have the option to timeshift or not if we want.......No wait that can't work, its going over the network, so there has to be some sort of buffer, and thats exactly what timeshifting is.

Rhys.Goodwin

Portal Pro
November 20, 2006
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
TVE3 Is awesome! I've been with it for the last few buggy months and love it! There are time when I curse it to hell but hey. I use multiseat. I love the multichannels on one dvb card, and I love the seperation between the back end and front end. It's not ready for realease yet. nearly tho. It's very stable however there just a few "quirks" to iron out; like, I just lost all my timeshift buffer?? couldn't go forward couldn't go back just stuck at "END"?? When I started out with tve3 I would have called it alpha! But really it's fantastic software and the mediaportal community it fantastic and devs must be very patient people! I hope to hone my c# skills more so I can contribute more.
IMHO all "TV" effort should go to the new tve3 project!

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    As I can not benefit from the server/client architecture (single seat), I can't see why bother. I have a dedicated HTPC so running the tv server as service does not change anything for me.
    I think that the 2 best news (mpeg recording and multiple channel recording) could be implemented in standard tv engine.

Nether of those are possible as old engine is using MS SBE.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I use TVEngine 3 in a multi seat configuration and I'm very happy. Once properly setup it is reliable and I cannot belive it is still regarded a Beta. I also had a lot of problems get it going with early builds but with later builds things has really improved and I cannot see myself going back to the built in engine i MP.

Great work!

pbb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 30, 2006
    Trondheim
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I would REALLY love to start trying out the new TV-engine, but it seems that, of the hardware-encoding analog cards, only the ones with a CX23416 chipset are supported. (That is mostly Hauppauge and Winfast.)

I've got a PowerColor Theater 550 Pro, the card is detected, but no channels are found. Several other people with for example ATI or nVidia chipsets have the same problem.

There are several threads in the support forum about this, but regrettably very little response (if any at all) from developers and people who can tell if we are doing something wrong or those chipsets are plainly unsupported.

guytpetj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2005
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I run MP standard on my back-up htpc, and TV-server multi seat on my main server ans slaves. and TV-server single seat on my machine at the gas/oil exploration camp.

All systems run good. (except since a few days my machine at work is starting to die, but this is not MP related)

Rybber

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2004
    Denmark
    I have everything working now with TVE2 (0.2.2.0) but I will try TVE3 when a new stable release of MP comes out, including the new engine.

Stability is one of the most important features, and while TV is 0.2.2.0 weakest part stability wise (on my setup anyway), it currently works most of the time for me.

I would appreciate the change of layout in MyTV though. I guess most people mostly use MyTV to record TV and not for watching it - you have your TV for that (if running a true HTPC setup). So what you use most is program guide and recorded programs, and the links are located almost opposite of each other in the MyTV menu - not very user friendly. The rest of the layout have become equally cluttered as new features have been introduced along the way. With a big upgrade as a new TV server, comes the obligation of maximizing useability :)

Keep up the good work, MP is a great program!

chiun

Portal Member
    December 1, 2004
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Web interface for program schedule

I'm using MyTV and always have. That's what I think MP is made for in the first place. I will switch to the new TV engine when there is a web schedule interface available that also can be reached by a handheld device such as a mobile. I'm traveling a lot and I'm using MPW now, but unfortunately it does not work with the tv engine and SQL express.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom