Calling all users: Do you use MyTV in MediaPortal? (1 Viewer)

Do you use MyTV in MediaPortal?

• No, I don't.

Votes: 158 12.4%
  • Yes, the one that comes along with 0.2.2.0.

Votes: 684 53.9%
  • Yes, TV-Server (Single Seat).

Votes: 191 15.0%
  • Yes, TV-Server (Multi Seat).

Votes: 211 16.6%
  • Yes, but I don't know which Engine I use.

Votes: 26 2.0%

• Total voters

trojkolka

Portal Pro
December 24, 2004
The Netherlands
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
i voted single seat because i never got it working multi-seat mode. I keep trying but i guess my firewall has some issues with letting the rtsp signal trough or something. So that's why i voted single seat for now but i want to go to a multi seat mode soon

Neptune31

Portal Member
February 26, 2007
Home Country
France France
Hi
I am using it in single seat mode. With my DVB-T (Cinergy 1400) channel switching is slightly faster than with TV engine 2 when time shift is on. Also I experience chaotic audio/video on some programs with TV Eng2 but not with TV eng3. TV eng 3 still remains unstable (when using suspend mode for instace) and is not compatible with my second TV card DVB-S (SS2) that is properly detected and configured in TV Server but does not play anything in MP.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    and is not compatible with my second TV card DVB-S (SS2) that is properly detected and configured in TV Server but does not play anything in MP.
    I am using the Skystar2 too with TV-Server.
    but i have the beta version of their BDA drivers installed. works like a charm :)

grouzy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2004
    London, UK
    Home Country
    France France
    I'm using 0.2 engine mainly because there's no PowerScheduler working with 0.3 (but I already tried 0.3 and it looks very nice !)

Sasler

Portal Pro
    October 19, 2006
    I guess most people mostly use MyTV to record TV and not for watching it - you have your TV for that (if running a true HTPC setup). So what you use most is program guide and recorded programs, and the links are located almost opposite of each other in the MyTV menu - not very user friendly.

I have to disagree with this statement. I personally watch live TV on it and hardly ever record anything (that is, before the Formula 1 season starts again). I have my HTPC connected to a projector (in my opinion that is the only true HTPC setup :p) and so my only option in watching TV is using HTPC.

I voted for single seat, because that was my original intension, before I set up two clients for some bug hunting (I have problem with the TV being wrong aspect ratio. See this thread for more info.) and now I absolutely love this multi-seat thing. I would like to change my vote for that :oops:

What is bothering me is the stupid aspect ratio problem (any help would be greatly appreciated) and the slow channel changing. Also grabbing EPG and updating program guide should be easier and more reliable.

For the slow channel changing I would have a following idea. Make an option where you could switch off the time-shifting when the channel is changed and the it would wait for x amount of time (the user could change this, default could be something like 60 seconds) before switching on the time-shift again. This way it would not slow thing down when browsing channels to find anything worth watching (when feeling overly optimistic).

Otherwise I'm really happy with the MP and the TV Server. A big :D for all involved in this great project.

Neptune31

Portal Member
    February 26, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    and is not compatible with my second TV card DVB-S (SS2) that is properly detected and configured in TV Server but does not play anything in MP.
    I am using the Skystar2 too with TV-Server.
    but i have the beta version of their BDA drivers installed. works like a charm :)
    So am I (something like 4.4.1.2 if I recall properly) I will post the issue somewhere more appropriate on the forum ;)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    What is bothering me is the stupid aspect ratio problem (any help would be greatly appreciated) and the slow channel changing. Also grabbing EPG and updating program guide should be easier and more reliable.

For the slow channel changing I would have a following idea. Make an option where you could switch off the time-shifting when the channel is changed and the it would wait for x amount of time (the user could change this, default could be something like 60 seconds) before switching on the time-shift again. This way it would not slow thing down when browsing channels to find anything worth watching (when feeling overly optimistic).

Timeshifting in tv engine 3 isn't a cause for slow channel changes, it must be something else thats causing the slow channel changes. For example on my setup I have Twinhan DVB-C card and channel changes are approx 0.5s. With the old tv engine MS Stream Buffer Engine was causing the channel changes to be slow (and SBE is used in old tv engine for timeshifting).

duslob

Portal Member
    December 8, 2006
    Podebrady
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    I use the single seat setup. I find entire MediaPortal concept very nice and useful in a time of convergent media. As I have implemented TT S2-3200 card, I am really waiting for a working HD channels, and also for a smooth CI functionality in MP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom