Can a skin be mod. with a GUI? (1 Viewer)

metoHTPC

Portal Member
November 4, 2005
THe Hague - Netherlands
Hello,
The number of skins is still rather small. I would like to make my own skin, made especially for touch screens. However, can I only modify a skin using the xml files? I mean, no simple gui available?

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm wondering if the main MediaPortal website is need of a overhaul?

The information that he is looking for is available in the forums but it seems like a) new (or potential) users haven't searched very much, b) some of these same people haven't used the proper search keys and have come up empty with search results, c) just thought it easier to ask (and ask forgiveness for being a noobie later - seems like a gen-x characteristic) and get teh answer rather than look for it. There maybe others but these come to my mind.

OK - Here is your answer: Yes there is a skinning editor.

edit: I see scoop provided the link for you.

P.S. The tirade wasn't pointed to any one person, just in general I have seen questions like this many times and that is why I am thinking that if the information is not easily viewable then people will start asking questions to try and understand and learn.

metoHTPC

Portal Member
    November 4, 2005
    THe Hague - Netherlands
    Thanks, and yep, I might be a bit lazy. If I search for a simple question and it takes to long, I ask. In my experience, I will need my time to solve difficult questions, which aren´t answerd on a forum.
    Second, the skin section is a bit tucked away on the main forum.
    Well I´ll try to make it up to everyone by creating a real touchscreen skin. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
    I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
    Whenever I go into the back end for Moving Pictures, it almost immediately hangs on the Movie Importer tab. If I want to go into...
    Replies
    Views
    @Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is completey broken with NET4 and NET6 :( Neither an existing profile can be selected nor a new one can be created.
    @Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is...
    Description: Hi there. First of all, I appreciate all the effort in MediaPortal 2 release 2.5 - visible changes look great (eg...
    Replies
    Views
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work. Spotify desktop app installed on same computer as you are going to use with MediaPortal Getting ready Create an app at spotify, use this link: Dashboard | Spotify for Developers, you have to login. Click...
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work...
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work...
    Replies
    Views
    oops! here it is. Corrected xml
    oops! here it is. Corrected xml
    Before you create this bug report: Make sure that your system (windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [News] MediaPortal 2 - 2.5 Release DE
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.5 MediaPortal 2.5 is a full-blown media center software that addresses most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom