Can I recover deleted program files? (1 Viewer)

groovybaby

Portal Pro
December 3, 2017
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Help!
1: Is there a way to recover deleted program files?
I'm using MP2.
2: When a program is deleted, can MP be set so that they go to the recycle bin?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm using MP2.
    So why posting it in MP1 forum? ;)

1: Yes, google for file recovery tools. They do mostly work only, if you do not do anything after deleting the files, because the infos are still on the harddisk. Once you perform too many actions, related clusters on your harddisk might be overwitten and the files can not be recovered anymore.
    2: No

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I accidently delete a recording also and tried to get it back, but no luck. It would be better, if MediaPortal put the deleted files in Windows trash, then there is a way to get it back.
    I accidently delete a recording also and tried to get it back, but no luck. It would be better, if MediaPortal put the deleted...
    Is it possible to recover deleted .ts recording files? I have deleted some recordings that I would like to watch again I have...
    Replies
    Views
    I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
    I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
    Hi, I have just upgraded from MP 2.2.2 to MP 2.4.1, and now the client won't start. I see the splash screen, and then it just...
    Replies
    Views
    @CyberSimian As I have just posted in the MP2 subforum I will stay with MP1 for the time being. Many thanks for all your very informative and detailed responses. I will take your advice and monitor the Scheduled recordings list for the discrepancies you have described. Cheers.
    @CyberSimian As I have just posted in the MP2 subforum I will stay with MP1 for the time being. Many thanks for all your very...
    I am in Australia. My problem is with recorded tv programs. Most times the program title and info are correct but quite often the...
    Replies
    Views
    The OP was prior to the current release in Feburary this year of MP 1.33 which resolved a number of installation issues present in MP 1.32 particularly the x64 version and has been very thoroughly tested in a variety of scenarios, none the less it is important to bear in mind that since MP 1.33 x64 now includes an x64 version of the...
    The OP was prior to the current release in Feburary this year of MP 1.33 which resolved a number of installation issues present in...
    I'm surprised. MediaPortal has always been easy to move forward with. Each release building on the last, until x64 that is. Ran...
    Replies
    Views
    Any other suggestions for this?
    Any other suggestions for this?
    I have Flirc and the Skip 1s remote sending volume +/- events. I prefer to rely on just the Windows volume control so in...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom