can network enhance Mediaportal in any way? (1 Viewer)

samedney

Portal Member
November 9, 2004
Oxford, UK
It is expected that the next major release will allow you to "stream" tv to another PC.

This is a major breakthrough and well worth having a network for - as it means you can effectively have a media portal "Server" which has your TV cards and big disk etc and another machine in another room which picks up the TV signal over your (wireless) network.

Great for getting TV where you dont have an aerial socket or TV in multiple rooms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

You could try using the UNC paths for the timeshift and record folders. On the client machine go to MediaPortal configuration - TV/Radio - Advanced Options tick the UNC paths tick box and put the network paths for timeshift and record folders in the appropriate lines and click OK.
You could try using the UNC paths for the timeshift and record folders. On the client machine go to MediaPortal configuration -...
I am not new to MediaPortal, but this is the first time I have set up a client on a PC other than the PC with the TV Server. I...
Replies
Views
THX for all informations, as you know, skin skills is not for me then, this could be (maybe) an improvment for the skin I use. - "the volume increases or decreases by 2 when I press the volume up or down button once." YES, same for me. "There is some weirdness relating to the maximum value displayed. This weirdness may or may not...
THX for all informations, as you know, skin skills is not for me then, this could be (maybe) an improvment for the skin I use. -...
Because I wanted to have value in volume OSD like in Windows 11 (without success) : I dig in MP configuration and, found a bug...
Replies
Views
What is the recommended way to use a file server for music, pictures and video? Is there any advantage to mapping a network drive over using the full UNC network path? For example, I have videos stored at \\DiskStation\video\. Would there be any benefit to mapping this folder to V: (using group policy or "map network drive") and then...
What is the recommended way to use a file server for music, pictures and video? Is there any advantage to mapping a network drive...
What is the recommended way to use a file server for music, pictures and video? Is there any advantage to mapping a network drive...
Replies
Views
Ok, now this really pisses me off, because I tried that yesterday and when I fired up MP and selected videos, it hung. I just tried it now and that appears to be working. (Networks. I hate networks.) Thanks.
Ok, now this really pisses me off, because I tried that yesterday and when I fired up MP and selected videos, it hung. I just...
I have an existing HTPC that I've been using for years. I'm replacing it with a new machine and I'm trying to get it configured...
Replies
Views
Well that would make sense :) But I’m using mosaic. I should have disabled anything related to MePo 1, TV Service is stopped. I also found this setting: Automatic Maintenance, It was scheduled for 02:00 and wake up the PC I have disabled this now. So lets see.
Well that would make sense :) But I’m using mosaic. I should have disabled anything related to MePo 1, TV Service is stopped. I...
Is there a way to see what caused the start of the PC running Mepo? Is there also a way to see what stopped it for going into...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom