Can You Select Your Own Icons for Vids? (1 Viewer)

wangtastic

Portal Member
November 24, 2006
Hey guys!
hope all is well.
Just a small querry.
is it possible to change the icons for vids within mP so the folders or files display something of your chosing e.g the coverart?

Thanks
Steve

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    if you use the IMDB scan MP will download the coverart. If you didn't like that one, you could probably find it in the thumbs folder and change it for your own. Just make sure the sizes are similar. You can change the generic icons in the skin folder. For each of these you may also need to delete all packed*.* files in the skin folder that you are using.

kaisersose

Portal Member
    December 1, 2006
    can you use something like this for example as the coverart for a movie ( in this case batman begins)

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0372784/Ss/0372784/begins.jpg?path=gallery&path_key=0372784

And you dont have the batman begins film file in its own folder but in a folder with the rest of your movies.

a lot of recent movies i've seen on imdb seem to have these big covers now and it would be great to use them somehow in MP. As the small covers usually look crap in film strip view.

Something like the vista mce recorded tv view with big coverart,

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Installing other software, especially MP1, which is partly sharing Tv service with MP2, can make everything worse. Please upload your debug log files, if you want to solve the issue.
    Installing other software, especially MP1, which is partly sharing Tv service with MP2, can make everything worse. Please upload...
    Before you create this bug report: Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [solved] Stopped capturing live tv DE
    Thanks. I found the settings on DVB EPG and on the WebEPG page I used GrabNow then Saved. It did take a long'ish time and all is OK. Thanks so much for reminding me where to find the sort function. I failed to notice the tabs at the top and as I said, I had tried to find the method in the wiki. Everything is back to normal, so...
    Thanks. I found the settings on DVB EPG and on the WebEPG page I used GrabNow then Saved. It did take a long'ish time and all is...
    Before you create this bug report: Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the...
    Replies
    Views
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.5 Trailer plugin DE
    Maybe the wording “plugin” is misleading, because almost every feature in MP2 is basically a plugin. This allows to even exchange core elements easily. Short: Of course it can be also a feature as part of the installer, means integrated for the user.
    Maybe the wording “plugin” is misleading, because almost every feature in MP2 is basically a plugin. This allows to even exchange...
    The question, if MP2 can support trailers came up several times (e.g. here) and was so far always neglected mainly because of the...
    Replies
    Views
    Software Developer C# The MediaPortal 2 team is seeking committed people to strengthen its developer basis Are you interested in driving the development of an advanced HTPC software? Would you like new features get implemented faster? Well, then join us! What we offer: Almost unlimited creative leeway The possibility to closely...
    Software Developer C# The MediaPortal 2 team is seeking committed people to strengthen its developer basis Are you interested in...
    Software Developer C# The MediaPortal 2 team is seeking committed people to strengthen its developer basis Are you interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom