[solved] Cannot launch TV Configuration (1 Viewer)

pieroxy

Portal Pro
November 21, 2005
Paris, France
I just installed MP2 on a windows 8.1 machine freshly installed and when I launch the TV Server utility it displays the following:

upload_2017-6-11_21-10-50.png

Does anyone have any idea ?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for the logs.

The problem is apparent here:
    [2017-06-16 22:53:24,893] [23376 ] [Main ] [ERROR] - SlimTvService: Failed to start TV service thread within 10 seconds.
    [2017-06-16 22:53:25,207] [23690 ] [Main ] [WARN ] - SlimTvService: Unable to configure MediaSource for recordings, probably TV configuration wasn't run yet.
    [2017-06-16 22:53:25,207] [23690 ] [Main ] [INFO ] - SlimTvService: Initialised

But this is not giving any information about the why. Please change log level from INFO to DEBUG as explained in the WIki (Bug Reports and Log Files), then restart the MP2 Server service in Windows. About the last thing: I have found that sometimes Restarting is not doing the job and Stop followed by Start resets the situation, so you may want to try that also. Then try to run the TV Configuration again.

Just to be sure: there is no active parallel MP1 installation in place?

pieroxy

Portal Pro
    November 21, 2005
    Paris, France
    Here are the debug logs. I'm not so sure anymore my HDHomerun is the problem here. Could you have a look ?

Thanks again for your help and time.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Salut,

The issue is unchanged: the server process cannot launch/connect to the internal SlimTvSerevice:
    [2017-06-19 08:08:13,324] [41886 ] [Main ] [ERROR] - SlimTvService: Failed to start TV service thread within 10 seconds.

Proposal:
    • Do a repair install of MP2 by running the setup.exe again and selecting "Repair" when prompted.
    • If this doesn't help, the uninstall MP2 completely, reboot, then reinstall and try again

pieroxy

Portal Pro
    November 21, 2005
    Paris, France
    Thanks for your answer. I did that quite a while ago actually. I even tried with MP1 to no avail. Is there a way to make the logs more verbose?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I even tried with MP1 to no avail.
    Aha, that's an important information. Then the issue is within the TVServer package files. We essentially use (a slightly modified) MP1 set for this purpose.

Is there a way to make the logs more verbose?
    No, logging references the running processes - if they don't even get initiated there is nothing to log.

Have you looked at the Windows event log if there's anything about it? Could you also please give details about your hardwarew? Best would be if you filled in the hardware specs in your forum profile. Don't forget to switch the hardware info to visible.

@morpheus_xx , I'm clueless what else to try. Any idea?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hang on, I've overlooked this:
    [2017-06-19 08:07:55,030] [23593 ] [Dokan ] [ERROR] - Dokan: Error mounting virtual filesystem at 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\RemoteResources' (is DOKAN not installed?)
    This is independent of the TV thread part, but it illustrates that yor whole setupis not correctly installed!

Please
    • Uninstall MP2
    • Delete/Rename the C:\ProgramData\TeamMediaPortal
    • Uninstall Dokan
    • Reboot
    • Install MP2 using the SetupLogging.bat
    If problems pertain, post the setup log.

And lastly: Do you still have MP1 installed? If yes, are you sure that you have deactivated the TV Server service before installing MP2?

pieroxy

Portal Pro
    November 21, 2005
    Paris, France
    So, first of all, it is confirmed to be my TV card driver that is the culprit. So I'm going to install an older one and that will do it. Hop in here if you are interested by the subject: HDHomerun VIEW freezes - Silicondust

Sorry about the disturbance here. And thanks for your help.

Next, I have no clue what Dokan is... I have never installed it. I'll try what you suggested.

Last, I only tried MP1 out of despair, and only after having uninstalled MP2. I then completely removed MP1 before reinstalling MP2.

Users who are viewing this thread