Cannot play movies at all when Moving Pictures is enabled! (1 Viewer)

tiennou

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2006
    Home Country
    France France
    I deleted Moving pictures and reinstalled it. Everything seems to work fine. I have to rebuild a new database.
    Still the same bug with Mediainfo.

kaigame

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 9, 2005
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Just re-installed myself, first time i've ever had an issue with Moving Pictures. As others have said, if the movingpictures plugin is disabled, i can play all videos, as soon as MP is enabled again, freeze(Mediaportal is still working, just with no control, as logs continue to populate)..

I've tried the new dll for mediainfo, and it doesn't seem to make any difference, going to try a few more things tomorrow. If no joy, i'll post my logs then.

Cheers!

EDIT 1:

Looks like i've resolved it for myself, i'll see if i can replicate the problem again, but it seems to be a database issue. As i was re-installing, i tried to keep my old databases to save time(Anime database takes forever to rebuild). As soon as i deleted the movingpictures database file, it all started working, although i am working remotely on it, so it's a little early, but the signs are good.

Will keep you updated with findings and logs.

Cheers!

EDIT 2:

Well that didn't last long, accidentally picked french as the language and i didn't want to manually edit everything, so i removed the database again, back to not working again. Shame really, as my dvd covers are perfect, maybe that could be the problem, some dodgy artwork :)

kaigame

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 9, 2005
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Hi everyone,

most peculiar, Moving pictures seems to be working now, nothing much has changed at all on my system, working with both 7.34 and 7.33 mediainfo.dll versions.

I did remove an ISO type file from the movie directory, which could have been the cause of the issue for me, i'm hesistant to move it back as my Mediaportal is now working nearly perfect, but i'll hopefully have some more information this evening.

Cheers!

glug

Portal Member
    January 3, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm experiencing the same problem since I upgraded from 1.1.0RC6 to 1.1.0Final. MediaPortal doesn't completely freeze, but it takes 10 minutes to start playing anything. This behavior stops when I disable the plugin. I noticed that when Moving Pictures is enabled, my hard drive activity light was on constantly, so I looked at my resource monitor (see screenshot) and discovered that the "system" process was reading at 84MB/sec. That's about my disk's maximum speed. This intense disk reading goes on for about 10 minutes and then drops down to nothing at which time things work normally. Stranger stilll, this intense 10 minutes of disk reading occurs not only when I start MediaPortal, but also when I open the MovingPictures configuration. I did try updating the directx components as another poster suggested, but had no luck with that.

Attachments

• mp.disk.usage.JPG
      mp.disk.usage.JPG
      123.4 KB

haar

August 22, 2010
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I have the same problem. nothing is playing (freeze) when moving-pictures is enabled. is there anything new on this? (last post from jan)
    -BTW total new to MP love everything else about it :)

haar

August 22, 2010
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    ok. this only happens if the .iso / .img is located on my NAS (synology 209) if the files are kept locale i have no problem. but no idea why

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    ok. this only happens if the .iso / .img is located on my NAS (synology 209) if the files are kept locale i have no problem. but no idea why

Your problem is more then likely related to the MediaInfo over network issue. If you want many minutes (depending on how fast your network is), it will all work. I had a delay of 2 minutes on 350MB files, as giant amount of bytes were being read by MediaInfo before proceeding.

So just let it sit for as long as you can stand it, and see if it works. If it does, then you can look on the forum for a hardcoded MediaInfo.DLL with ParseSpeed v0.3 coded into it that will fix your problems. Or be a little bit more patient for MediaPortal v1.1.1 (which will contain a fix already submitted to Mantris/SVN) and a new version of MovingPictures (perhaps v1.0.7 if all falls into place) that will also use a fix.

haar

August 22, 2010
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    :D RoChess.
    I think ill just wait the next version, for me its not a showstopper, specially when a solution is in the pipeline.

glug

Portal Member
    January 3, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I solved the problem on my setup. The problem was caused by a m2ts file in one of my watch folders that could not be read. I suspect that I may have ripped it from a blue-ray without decrypting the disk first. Anyway, once I removed that m2ts file from the watch folder, I no longer had any of the lengthy delays I had previously experienced.

Another poster mentioned that his problem went away when he removed .iso extensions from his extensions list. Perhaps Moving Pictures just isn't behaving well when it comes across a file it can't understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom