Cannot play movies at all when Moving Pictures is enabled! (1 Viewer)

kesar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2008
    Warsaw
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    I found a workaround for this. I set the "Automatically Aquire Mediainfor Details from Movies" False int the Advanced Settings window
    About Tab -> Advanced Settings.

Now it works without delays and unnecessary disk/network load. I hope it helps.

JudgeFredd

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Yes, it's definetly a problem associated with bad file info or something similar, i had this same problem, and solved it by BOTH disabling ISO, IMG, and M2TS file association in MP AND moving all movies to a temp folder, so that the DB would become empty, after that i discovered there were still one listing in the MP DB, allthough the folder was completely empty, after deleting this last listing, thus emptying the DB, and moving all the movies back into the folder everything works fine.

BTW. ISO, IMG and M2TS are not normally associated as video extentions in MP std. installation, but generally i make the association so that MP will recognice all the movies in the folder without having to mount every iso and so on to evaluate the content.

UPDATE! The problem reapeared, shortly after having moved all movies back to the watched folder, even though i had not reenabled the associatiosn for iso and so on..

Will try the solution from Kesar by disabling "Automatically Aquire Mediainfor Details from Movies".

gurken

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Cannot play movies at all when Moving Pictures is enabled!

i had the same problem, the previous post solved it.
    I recorded a lot of films in the last days and worked a lot with Moving Pictures ... i think Moving Pictures created a bad line in the database and destroyed it, after i disabled MovingPictures everything worked well.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Same Problem here ... updated everything to 1.2, direct X OK, need to disable Moving Pictures plus TV Series to be able to play video again ...

Any idea if there is a solution for this soon? It was working before after all.

Regards

M

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

OK ... strage things are happening here ...

what I did:

* installed in addition to the streamedMP skin moving pictures and tv series
    * disabled it in the Plugin settings

still have the menue items active in teh skinsetting

now - started MP again, Moving Pictures and tv series still availible and - movies are playing now ... also with myanime ... I don't have a clue why.

SvW

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 31, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Same problem here!

Thanx kesar! You're workarround worked for me!

What i did:
    • Removed media portal
    • Clean (media portal) install (not the OS).
    • A quick test: everything's working.
    • Installed StreamedMP
    • A full MovingPictures scan (still default assosiation, so no ISO, etc.)
    • Problem reappeard..
    • Disabled Moving Pictures
    • Problem solved
    • Found this post and applied kesar's "workaround" (disable "Automatically Aquire Mediainfor Details from Movies")
    • Problem fixed!!!
    Verry strange if you ask me. How can aquiring movie details when importing cause an error on plaing movies???

Can it be we have a corrupted file between our movie file's? (and how to find this one?)

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Same problem here!

Thanx kesar! You're workarround worked for me!

What i did:
    • Removed media portal
    • Clean (media portal) install (not the OS).
    • A quick test: everything's working.
    • Installed StreamedMP
    • A full MovingPictures scan (still default assosiation, so no ISO, etc.)
    • Problem reappeard..
    • Disabled Moving Pictures
    • Problem solved
    • Found this post and applied kesar's "workaround" (disable "Automatically Aquire Mediainfor Details from Movies")
    • Problem fixed!!!
    Verry strange if you ask me. How can aquiring movie details when importing cause an error on plaing movies???

Can it be we have a corrupted file between our movie file's? (and how to find this one?)

Hello!
    Can you download the latest mediainfo.dll from here: https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...8a/mediaportal/MediaPortal.Base/MediaInfo.dll and replace the old one in your mediaportal folder. Maybe this does solve your problem without the workaround. No guarantee tho!
    Thanks!

SvW

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 31, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Unfortunately: With the new dll & "Automatically Aquire Mediainfor Details from Movies" my movies won't play and mediaportal hangs...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom