Can't detect AVERmedia a169 dual tuner (1 Viewer)

scarabbug

November 12, 2007
I have an AVERmedia a169 dual tuner tv card and for some reason MediaPortal says that I have no TV capture card. I am running XP Home edition. Anyone have any ideas?

scarabbug

November 12, 2007
The exact message in the configuration is "No video capture cards were found, you won't be able to configure a capture card"

But in the log file it seems as if it had somehow detected it but can't pull it. Here is what the log file says:

2007-11-12 16:55:58.750000 [Info.][Config Main]: device:AVerMedia Capture id:mad:device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1131&dev_7133&subsys_622a1461&rev_10#4&2dba4f18&0&00f0#{65e8773d-8f56-11d0-a3b9-00a0c9223196}\wdm capture
2007-11-12 16:55:58.750000 [Info.][Config Main]: device:AVerMedia Capture id:mad:device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1131&dev_7133&subsys_722a1461&rev_10#4&2dba4f18&0&20f0#{65e8773d-8f56-11d0-a3b9-00a0c9223196}\wdm capture

Someone Please Help This Is Very Frustrating:mad:

Here is my CaptureCardDefinitions.xml

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Following on our discussion in IRC last night, windows XP home should be fine for mediaportal.

It's just a matter of installing the correct driver and then telling MP how to work with it in the definitions file. Logfiles would help. Pretty sure this is a case where BDA drivers do not exist for the card so there are a few more things needed than that for BDA drivers.

scarabbug

November 12, 2007
    The drivers I have are only 2.3.30.19 so it looks like you found newer ones. I'll give them a shot. I'm pretty sure that the ones that are 1.3 k are corrupt or not complete. But the other one might work. I'll let you know. Thanks again.

Ok so it looks like both sets of drivers are bad. the one that is 1.3 MB says unexpected end of archive and the 1.3k says it's corrupt or incomplete. I have a feeling that the fact that it may be an OEM card could be a problem. I sent avermedia a ticket about it (I found an english site for it) so lets see what they say if anything. Let me know what logs you want to look at and I will upload them. Thanks again....lets see if we can nip this in the @!#

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I have not experienced that myself, and I don't know of any reason why that might occur (but my knowledge of how TV Server works is not extensive). It is strange that you mention this because there are now four DVB-T channels in the UK that behave in the same way (this is new for the UK). I think that these might be some sort of...
    I have not experienced that myself, and I don't know of any reason why that might occur (but my knowledge of how TV Server works is...
    I am running MePo 1.32 X86 on Windows 11 Ryzen 9 7900X 32GB DDR5 RAM 1TB NVME Boot Drive 4TB NVME Data drive RTX 3060 12GB I have...
    Replies
    Views
    I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I did it this way so I didn't have to edit the channel names every time tested a new TV-server install. Anyway, it works. I don't know if this would get you past the BDA driver issue. I'll provide more...
    I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I...
    I am brand new to MediaPortal. I have installed MP 2.4.1 on Windows 10. It is a fresh install and fully up to date. I have an...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, yes, you are right. The official x64 1.32 is buggy. You can try a new installers from this post if you like.
    Hi, yes, you are right. The official x64 1.32 is buggy. You can try a new installers from this post if you like.
    hi, I'm setting up a new computer and have installed MP 1.3.2 after a few goes and getting all the prereqs installed, I was...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks for the info. Very kind of you and much appreciated. I re-installed from DVD and "f-disking" the existing Win 10 partitions in the setup. From what you say I think my task is to get the updates that will allow me to get Windows update working and grab what updates were current when Win 7 support was dropped Now that you have...
    Thanks for the info. Very kind of you and much appreciated. I re-installed from DVD and "f-disking" the existing Win 10 partitions...
    Hi Running MP1 - 1.39 for long while, no issues. 10th April [same time as 2024-KB5037036 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 HP TV Tuner DE
    You need to setup the TV tuner in "TV Server Configuration". There should be a shortcut on the Windows desktop. The primary action is to "scan for channels", but obviously there are other things to setup too (such as the folder to use for recordings). MediaPortal should be able to use your tuner provided that the tuner has a BDA...
    You need to setup the TV tuner in "TV Server Configuration". There should be a shortcut on the Windows desktop. The primary action...
    New to Media Portal. I have it installed and working with the remote but cannot figure out how to get the tv tuner to work. I'm...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom