Can't Install MediaPortal 2 On Windows 10 Home (1 Viewer)

clevoir

Portal Member
March 13, 2021
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Country flag
I am still having the same problems despite installing the file that you send to me, please find attached lastest log file

Attachments

• MediaPortal_2_20210328141635.log
    12.4 KB · Views: 0

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    I am still having the same problems despite installing the file that you send to me, please find attached lastest log file
    Please see my last post explaining the next steps.
    Seems you need to manually install all files. If you get the same message again just look (with a text editor) into the logs for the first error and you see which package failed with the link to download.

clevoir

Portal Member
    March 13, 2021
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Country flag
    Just to confirm it appears that I am missing VC2008SP1_x86, VC2010_x86, VC2013_x86, VC2019_x86 and VC2019_x64?

I think I have now found the required files, and will try installing them

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Just to confirm it appears that I am missing VC2008SP1_x86, VC2010_x86, VC2013_x86, VC2019_x86 and VC2019_x64?

I think I have now found the required files, and will try installing them
    The links to the files are in the log file behind the error.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

The TBS 6281 DVB T/T2 is a dual tuner without CAM capability it should work on both DVBT and DVBT2 as it seems it did in WMC according to the OP. I do not see why it should not work with MP, I am using its successor the TBS 6281-SE which works well with both MP1 and MP2 but I only have OTA DVBT2, no DVBT any more. Which version of MP...
    The TBS 6281 DVB T/T2 is a dual tuner without CAM capability it should work on both DVBT and DVBT2 as it seems it did in WMC...
    I am trying to set up the latest version of Mediaportal 2 using Windows 10 Home I have a TBS 6281 DVB T/T2 card with the latest...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi. Probably you've done this too early or too much. I needed to install DX9 manually before I could install MP 2.3 on a clean Win 10 20H2 system. Some VC runtime are also needed to be installed manually before the installation finally works...
    Hi. Probably you've done this too early or too much. I needed to install DX9 manually before I could install MP 2.3 on a clean Win...
    Having issues installing MP 2.3 on an HP Probook G6 running Windows 10 20H2 build I had to install all the dependencies DX9 and...
    Replies
    Views
    Well it's been a couple of days and we've had no more unable to play errors .
    Well it's been a couple of days and we've had no more unable to play errors .
    I've just upgraded the motherboard, CPU, ram, boot drives and PSU in my TV Server (always on), and am now having intermittent...
    Replies
    Views
    That fixed it many thanks.
    That fixed it many thanks.
    I have nearly completed building a new desktop PC, hardware and software, everything was looking great till I tried to get MP2 2.3...
    Replies
    Views
    P.S. - Strangely, the TV Server my single seat setup (1.27 on a modest machine running Windows 10 Pro x64) is working from my office machine MP client. Same exact network, firewall, Defender settings. It's a slightly older version of Win 10 though - I haven't updated to 20Hx on it yet. Maybe I shouldn't (or maybe I should image it...
    P.S. - Strangely, the TV Server my single seat setup (1.27 on a modest machine running Windows 10 Pro x64) is working from my...
    Let me start by asking if anyone has TV Server running PROPERLY on a Windows 10 machine, and if so are you using RTSP or UNC share...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom