Can't Install MediaPortal 2 On Windows 10 Home (1 Viewer)

clevoir

Portal Member
March 13, 2021
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Country flag
I am trying to install MedaiPortal 2 in a fresh copy of Windows 10 Home, with all updates applied

However I keep getting the following error message, please find attached log file

1615653108600.png

Attachments

• MediaPortal_2_20210313145132.log
    13.2 KB · Views: 0

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    I am trying to install MedaiPortal 2 in a fresh copy of Windows 10 Home, with all updates applied

However I keep getting the following error message, please find attached log file

View attachment 208260
    MP2-Setup fails to download the needed packages because of missing access rights.
    Try to start the installer with admin rights. To where do you install MP2, to the default folder or did you specify another path?

clevoir

Portal Member
    March 13, 2021
    Home Country
    Country flag
    I have tried installing using Administrator rights, which the same result. I a, using the default path to install

I see in the fault log that it's having problems with C++, I have now downloaded the latest VC_redist.x64 file and wondered if I should try installing it?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    I have tried installing using Administrator rights, which the same result. I a, using the default path to install

I see in the fault log that it's having problems with C++, I have now downloaded the latest VC_redist.x64 file and wondered if I should try installing it?
    You don't need the latest, you need vcredist90_x86.exe specified in the log files. Try to install it manually and see if the installer continues then.

clevoir

Portal Member
    March 13, 2021
    Home Country
    Country flag
    I have tried the file you have suggested, and I still get the same error?

I also tried the latest version too, with the same result.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    I have tried the file you have suggested, and I still get the same error?

I also tried the latest version too, with the same result.
    Please uplaod the logs of the next try again. It mights stop somewhere else during installation. You might also try to move the installer from your "E:\" drive to "C:\", maybe this causes the access issues.

clevoir

Portal Member
    March 13, 2021
    Home Country
    Country flag
    Please find attached log file, I can confirm that Windows is installed on C drive.

I have not changed the installation path of MP2 and assume that it is installing on C drive

The crash happens at C++ setup

To avoid any confusion D drive is a USB drive with the MP2 installer on, it's volume name is Windows 10. However Windows is installed on the C drive

Attachments

• g.jpg
      g.jpg
      502.3 KB · Views: 0
    • MediaPortal_2_20210316173254.log
      12.6 KB · Views: 0

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    To avoid any confusion D drive is a USB drive with the MP2-setup on, it's volume name is Windows 10. However Windows is installed on the C drive
    Your log-files and screenshot tell the installer is on your E drive, not D drive.
    Could you please as proposed move the MP2-setup.exe to C drive and execute it from there. I think the access problem would be solved then.
    You might also try to move the installer from your "E:\" drive to "C:\", maybe this causes the access issues.

According to the logs the last manual install of vcredist90_x86.exe succeeded. Next file to install manually would be
    http://install.team-mediaportal.com/MP2/install/vcredist100_x86.exe
    But please try above step at first.

clevoir

Portal Member
    March 13, 2021
    Home Country
    Country flag
    I have copied the installer onto the desktop, and get the same access denied message when running it.

I have then installed the latest file that you have sent to me and tried to run the installer again, but again I have the same error message?

Attached is the latest log file

Attachments

• MediaPortal_2_20210321153203.log
      12.6 KB · Views: 0

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    I have copied the installer onto the desktop, and get the same access denied message when running it.

I have then installed the latest file that you have sent to me and tried to run the installer again, but again I have the same error message?

Attached is the latest log file
    Alright, thanks for testing.
    Now you need to install: http://install.team-mediaportal.com/MP2/install/vcredist120_x86.exe
    Seems you need to manually install all files. If you get the same message again just look (with a text editor) into the logs for the first error and you see which package failed with the link to download.

Users who are viewing this thread