Cant play .wav files with dts sound (only whitenoise) (1 Viewer)

shorty1483

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just putted all waves into an .mka container. Now it runs fine.

Hi shorty1483,

I have used mkvmerge to put .wav files into .mka files.
    Now, if I play .mka files with mphc, the sound is ok and my AV displays "DTS".
    But in Mediaportal, the files can't be played again. (I added .mka extension in music configuration)
    That means, my system (htpc + AV) works correctly to play DTS files, but not yet Mediaportal .

Also did that stuff with mkvmerge. This was also the only solution I found. In my case, I had some Albums with single wave and cue file (used CueSplitter to cut and name them) and some with the different tracks from beginning.

Did you open the mka in Graphstudio? And more important: Do you use internal Filters of MPC or external from ffdshow or LAV? In MediaPortal you need the same config of decoder like in MPCHC.

I personally use this config with SPDIF Audio: Unbenannt.jpg

Works very well for me. The most important part ist to go into MediaPortal Settings and activate dshow filters instead of BASS engine. Have you already done that? That was my fault at the first try.

Unbenannt2.png

The only question I ask myself is, why the 44,1 kHz DTS files don't work when beeing processed in wav (noise or simply no sound depending on configuration) and play like a charm when inserted in mka Container.

Cheers

Last edited:

atlantic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 9, 2008
    Rennes
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi shorty1483,

I tryed your settings but that don't work on my system.
    I don't use spdif links but hdmi links (?)
    to be continued...

shorty1483

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi shorty1483,

to be continued...

I know it is a dumbass question, but did you activate HDMI sound in Windows system settings? Additionally, do you have have an option to passthrough audio over HDMI in your graphics card? Try to specify the HDMI link instead of "Default direct sound device".

atlantic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 9, 2008
    Rennes
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi shorty1483,

to be continued...

I know it is a dumbass question, but did you activate HDMI sound in Windows system settings? Additionally, do you have have an option to passthrough audio over HDMI in your graphics card? Try to specify the HDMI link instead of "Default direct sound device".

I have an ATI Radeon HD5450. And I use hdmi passthrough.

Sasho

May 24, 2016
    Home Country
    Bulgaria Bulgaria
    Thank you for solving this problem. I just renamed file to .dts and Windows media player played it correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom