Ceton CableCard TV tuner with Mediaportal (2 Viewers)

strobelight

April 8, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'll go ahead and +1 this one.

I was on the original waiting list and got one of the first-batch InfiniTV 4, which locked me into WMC and paying for cable, but the WMC whole house solution for TV really works nice. The problem is it doesn't do anything else really nice, and it's really a dead-end product, in part because the only extender you can buy anymore is the xbox. The thing that chaps me the most about using WMC is the extenders don't play movies (that weren't recorded off the tuner) worth a damn!

I've played with Mediaportal off and on for years now, but without a solid service-provider tuner solution for the US, and the fact my wife can't give up her TNT network shows, playing with MP is all I've been willing to do. Hopefully the tuner can be fully supported and integrated into MP2 by the time it goes production.

lehighbri

Portal Member
May 10, 2012
Home Country
SUCCESS!! Got a good block of time tonight to work on InfiniTV4 support in TVServer, and it paid off.

Right now there is so much left to do, but the card is recognized, I can map channels to it, and I can preview the channels as shown below:

View attachment 102181

I really need to sleep, but I will come back soon to post more details on my progress.

- Craig

Wow... this is fantastic! Any update? I am also an avid Ceton user and am trying so hard to move off SageTV but there hasn't been a good viable option for me to move to and mediaportal is top on my list to move to.

guytpetj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2005
    USA
    Home Country
    It sounded sooooooooooooo promising, but looks like it's going nowhere.:(

I had such high hopes this was the solution i've been waiting for.

lehighbri

Portal Member
    May 10, 2012
    Home Country
    Bump. Any update here? Sounded like it was promising but then things went quiet.

djkms

Portal Member
    September 20, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Home Country
    I am picking up this card soon. Bumping and subscribing for update. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom