Check the Trakt rating of the movie and display it in the plugin My Videos (1 Viewer)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Can I see the rating the movie and display it in the plugin My Video as in the screenshot:
    16-00-32.png 16-00-44.png

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Do you mean the trakt site rating or user rating? I presume you mean site rating.

It's the responsibility of the My Videos scraper to get and store movie information including the rating and vote count, the trakt plugin has the required API methods such you can get movie details which includes ratings. I could expose a method which only gives you the Rating and Distribution so it can be stored in the My Videos database.

The user ratings for movies is the responsibility of the trakt plugin during sync, however the My Videos plugin does not have a userrating field to store this so its ignored during sync.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Do you mean the trakt site rating or user rating?
    User rating...
    The user ratings for movies is the responsibility of the trakt plugin during sync, however the My Videos plugin does not have a userrating field to store this so its ignored during sync.
    I thought so. But maybe there is a property. Which shows the current user rating for the movie?
    I can make a request to the rating for the movie in the plug FH, but do not know what and how to ask Trakt.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    No, there is no user rating field in the MyVideos database. The MediaPortal team would need to add support for this, once that is done it's easy for the trakt plugin to sync the users ratings to the corresponding movie during Sync.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, in myvideos we have the following user rating properties:
    #rating (the percentage to show the rating stars), #strrating (the percentage in words) and #votes (the number of people who voted) :D

09-33-22.jpg

As Trakt has similiar properties, wouldn´t it be possible to use them here as well?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I think you guys are getting confused with user and site ratings.

User Rating is the rating you gave a movie.
    Site Rating is the rating the Community has rated the movie as an average.

Obviously My Videos has support for Site Ratings e.g. IMDb rating. If you want support for trakt community ratings, then you need to implement the retrieval of ratings from My Videos just like you do with any other site such as IMDb, TMDb etc.

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For moving picture it works right ? I have seen this in the Titan default skin. But I can't find it in the xml files i will add this to the titanius theme.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    MovingPictures has support to display a user rating (the trakt plugin syncs the rating to the database). My Videos now has support for user ratings db field in the latest version (at least im sure I read somewhere it does), when I release the next version of the trakt plugin I will add support to sync user ratings (not community) to the myvideos database such that they can be displayed in skins.

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok you mean User Rating. But site Rating is supported at the actual state ? I will see the site ratings, what com say to the movies / series and that is what is in Titan right ?

With User Rating you mean that Rating im givin after Playback right ?

Users who are viewing this thread