Client configuration settings (1 Viewer)

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is it possible to copy the configuration of one client machine to another client machine - I want to copy my file shares etc.?

I guess these are stored in one or more configuration files.

Tony

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Tony

The answer to your question is yes. Most MP config (not including plugin config) is stored in c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.xml. Note that Windows usually hides ProgramData. To find it, it's easiest to copy + paste the path into the address bar in Windows Explorer.

Also note there are other things such as databases and thumbnails that you could copy over. They're all in that c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal folder.

You may find it worthwhile to read this:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/20_Reference/Folders_and_Files

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Hi mm

I have been successful in sharing my configurations between machines in respect of MediaPortal.xml as per your suggestion.

I am having less luck, however, sharing my remote control settings - I am using the HID option/tab for my mappings. I had assumed that the settings are stored in keymap.xml but my changes don't seem to be taking effect. Are there any other files that are updated when remote device settings are changed?

Thanks.

Tony

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am having less luck, however, sharing my remote control settings - I am using the HID option/tab for my mappings. I had assumed that the settings are stored in keymap.xml but my changes don't seem to be taking effect. Are there any other files that are updated when remote device settings are changed?
    HID changes are stored in
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\InputDeviceMappings\Generic-HID.xml

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Hi mm

Sorry about the delay getting back to you, but I've had a really weird thing happen since a Windows 10 update that was rather like a service pack, but they didn't call it that.

I had to reinstall the operating system on one of my machines, a SurfacePro 3 that is my Email client, and when I installed the 1.13.0 MP client, MP runs in the taskbar, no matter what I do with the configuration.

When I used WatchDog, MP didn't appear but I did get a log which I've attached.

I hope this helps you work out what is going on.

I have done quite a bit of work on storing the config and databases, including the Generic-HID.xml settings, on the MP server and four clients are working fine, except for this machine.

Thanks for your help.

Tony

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    I think the above issue is so unusual, that I thought I had better add some more information.

When I run MP on this machine, it runs in the Taskbar and cannot be maximized. I really mean that it runs in totality in the Taskbar, it runs video etc..

I've attached an image so you can see what I mean. This is really bizarre. I've installed MP client on several machines without a hint of a problem, but after I reinstalled Windows 10 on this machine, and installed MP in exactly the same way I did on the other machines, this happened.

My problems started after the Windows update, Windows 10 Version 1511. Apart from this issue, the same windows update on my MP Server machine has caused issues loading SQL Server on windows start-up. The new windows version seems to have caused some major performance issues that I am trying to track down. I suspect that the performance problems may be related to the introduction of some new apps, one being a link to Skype that keeps causing event viewer errors. I'll know more when I've had more time to see what happens when I uninstall some of the offending apps.

Tony

Attachments

• MP.png
      MP.png
      589.7 KB

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    If you open the mediaportal.log you'll see:
    [2015-12-31 22:13:31,771] [Log ] [MPMain ] [WARN ] - Main: MediaPortal is already running
    I think best to try again after closing MP from the taskbar if that's possible or if not, killing it from the taskmanager.

Anthony Vaughan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Okay. Sorry about that. I've rebooted the machine and immediately ran the WatchDog process again.

Once again, the program hung and I had to close MediaPortal for WatchDog to finish - MediaPortal was 'not responding'.

Does this log suggest anything else? I've uninstalled and reinstalled MP three times and the same thing keeps happening.

Thanks for your help.

Tony

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What do you mean by "the program hung"? There is no sign of it in the MediaPortal log, which stops at 19:31:13.However, some program path is not accessible:

[2016-01-01 19:31:02,938] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - exception loading references C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Titan\references.xml err:Could not find a part of the path 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Titan\references.xml'
    I recall a Titan hard-coded path, which, although redirected to a server, is still searched on the client standard path. Check if the respective path exists.

Users who are viewing this thread