Close MP when the external player is started (1 Viewer)

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    When setting "Hide MP While Executing" is "true" then, MP is (was) minimized in taskbar.
    It worked before.
    Just tested now, it seems that, there is a "minimize/restore" window at launch then, MP is not minimized anymore.
    I don't know if it is because of MP or windows (10) development.
    I will try to find a solution for this, if I can and, when I will have time....

Icaro

Portal Pro
    November 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Update:
    I tried the MultiShortcut plugin and it doesn't work,
    MP still creates problems in the background, the only solution is to kill it from the taskbar.
    I had created a .bat file with the instructions to launch the external player (JRiver) from MP, wait 6 seconds for the start of the movie or the mounting of the .ISO, and then close MP from the taskbar:
    This:
    Code:
    Start "" "C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 25\Media Center 25.exe"
    TIMEOUT 6 & REM Waits 6 second before executing the next command
    taskkill /F /IM MediaPortal.exe

Strangely sometimes it works perfectly,
    other times when the .bat starts, JRiver opens, 6 seconds pass and MP closes,
    but the movie does not start.
    Could someone help me fix the .bat file?
    My OS is Win10
    Thanks

Last edited:

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Happy you find a workaround for your problem !
    I did'nt have time to investigate deeper.
    I know that MP has many issues in the past with "black screen" on resume.
    May be, some things has been made to fix it.
    If some code changes has been made to correct that, I'm ready to have some informations on it.
    Otherwise, MultiShorcut plugin will never work as before....
    I'm not a magician and, I have no crystal ball...

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hello MP Team, I have issues with mounting .iso files. Two seconds after mounting .iso and starting external player, the iso is unmounted again by MP and therefore doesnt show up in the drive any longer. Example: [2023-10-16 18:43:04,367] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Start process C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate...
    Hello MP Team, I have issues with mounting .iso files. Two seconds after mounting .iso and starting external player, the iso is...
    Hello MP Team, I have issues with mounting .iso files. Two seconds after mounting .iso and starting external player, the iso is...
    Replies
    Views
    @CyberSim was right. There was an order. I just checked the server configuration. But the command was in the client configuration of Powersheduler. I've corrected it now and hope it works now. I thank you for the support.
    @CyberSim was right. There was an order. I just checked the server configuration. But the command was in the client configuration...
    So far I have used the MCS standby tool to close the MP client before standby. This doesn't seem to work anymore and causes me to...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling with. If you take the previous version (1.31) it should work as expected. For IPTV there is also a different option (with different pros and cons): Onlinevideos. I'm using that sometimes for my IPTV as...
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling...
    Hi I am trying to play a m3u file from my IPTV provider, but when I try to install the TV part of Media Portal v1.3.2 I get an...
    Replies
    Views
    It's working after some hours search: the Auto3D plugin which I haven't used for years was corrupting the start of the TV live stream from server to MP. If anyone has a similar problem - disable all old plugins and then enable one after another :-)
    It's working after some hours search: the Auto3D plugin which I haven't used for years was corrupting the start of the TV live...
    After using MP for more than 10 years with regularly updates - this is the first time that after an update MP is not working...
    Replies
    Views
    Check this web page for the informations about he plugin. To fix the issue, I recommend to uninstal and install the plugin again (if you need it).
    Check this web page for the informations about he plugin. To fix the issue, I recommend to uninstal and install the plugin again...
    I've just installed MP 1.31 with Streamed skin, IMDB+ plugin, Moving Pictures and MP-TV Series. First time starting up MP to...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom