(Closed) MediaPortal iViewer - Now Available in the App Store (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    0.6 beta is the latest MPExt. We use some of the features that exist only in 0.6 so some parts of the app will not work with MPExt. 0.54, I haven't tried in a long time though so can't tell what will fail. But it can be things like cover art do not show since we use a stretch parameter that only exist in 0.6.

I know that WebMP 0.6 on iPad has problem with streaming but streaming in MPiV works. So please test.

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    First impressions are simply fantastic! Look and feel is beyond my imagination, so thanks for your work.

Can not test further since I have to watch World Cup ;-), but will do. Getting timeouts for MPExtended currently, so I can only use the Wifi-Remote-Features. More Details over the Weekend...

rich76

Portal Pro
    December 3, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just had a quick test with it. Using the paid version on a iPad 1 it completes all tests on the connection tab, showing 0.6 beta for mpe and version 15 WiFi remote.
    Then when it goes to connect it downloads the info for my movies then freezes on EPG before crashing back to my home screen. Trying to reload goes round in a loop of freezing on EPG and crashing. Haven't had a proper test yet but just wondered if you have tested with a iPad 1 with similar issues.
    Also if you can let me know what logs would be required as I'm guessing there would be none on the iPad?

Using just the remote works fine on free version and pro.

Rich

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm sorry that you got problems with the app. We have tested on iPad 1 during development so that is probably not the problem. I just downloaded the preview version on an iPad 1 and it worked without any issue.

Check the trouble shooting section for how to get the MPiV log:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...s/Mobile/MediaPortal_iViewer/Trouble_shooting

Also try to disable TV in MPiV settings and see if initialization goes through after restart. All modules are initialized in a sequence and that stops if one of them fail.

rich76

Portal Pro
    December 3, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ok I have had another quick try this morning before having to go out.
    It seems to work fine if I disable TV and everything else initialises ok and it all work.
    As soon as I enable TV again it crashes the app while initializing epg. Unfortunantly I can not get any logs due the app crashing.
    When I'm back home I'll try sending logs with TV disabled in case that shows any abnormalities.
    Other than that not sure how to capture logs with TV enabled because as soon as it crashes the logs get cleared plus can not load them before the app crashes.

Rich

Arturas1976

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2008
    Vilnius
    Home Country
    Lithuania Lithuania
    Can not make MPExtended to be connected. Wifi remote - ok, MPExtended TV - ok, but MPExtneded - request time out.

Some information about latest media apears, connectin in plugin window shows Active, bus status is red cross and no info is showing. Don't know were to start troubleshooting.

MP Extended is 0.6 Beta version. Also may be there could be problems for MPExtended that I use two NICs?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom