(Closed) MediaPortal iViewer - Now Available in the App Store (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Please check trouble shooting section of wiki for how to collect logs and where to send them.

Rich, how many channels do you have in your epg? Its rare that iViewer crash but it can happen on iPad 1 if memory gets filled. Our gui uses a lot of memory but it works fine on my iPad 1. Many channels could then be the differnce between our setups. I will probably make a quick update with more logging and exception handling in EPG, this will not be through app store so you will get it when I send it out.

Arturas1976

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2008
    Vilnius
    Home Country
    Lithuania Lithuania
    I get this:

{"ApiVersion":5,"AvailableFileSystemLibraries":[{"Id":9,"Name":"MP Music Shares","Version":"0.5.99.1"},{"Id":5,"Name":"MP Shares","Version":"0.5.99.1"},{"Id":11,"Name":"MP Picture Shares","Version":"0.5.99.1"},{"Id":10,"Name":"MP Movie Shares","Version":"0.5.99.1"}],"AvailableMovieLibraries":[{"Id":3,"Name":"Moving Pictures","Version":"0.5.99.1"},{"Id":7,"Name":"MP MyVideo","Version":"0.5.99.1"}],"AvailableMusicLibraries":[{"Id":4,"Name":"MP MyMusic","Version":"0.5.99.1"}],"AvailablePictureLibraries":[{"Id":1,"Name":"FS Pictures","Version":"0.5.99.1"},{"Id":8,"Name":"MP Picture Shares","Version":"0.5.99.1"}],"AvailableTvShowLibraries":[{"Id":6,"Name":"MP-TVSeries","Version":"0.5.99.1"}],"DefaultFileSystemLibrary":5,"DefaultMovieLibrary":3,"DefaultMusicLibrary":4,"DefaultPictureLibrary":1,"DefaultTvShowLibrary":6,"ServiceVersion":"0.6.0-beta"}

Single seat.

rich76

Portal Pro
    December 3, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm out at the moment but from memory I have 800+ channels on sky UK so that would make sense with what your saying.
    If I use ampdroid or webmp it does take a bit longer to load the all channel group than it obviously does to load 1 of my groups with fewer channels in that group.
    Anymore information you need from me or any tests you want me to try I will be willing to try or test as soon as I get home.

Rich

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Artus, thank. That looks good. I will need to take a look at the code later this evening when I have some time. Can you send me your MPExt. log as well?

Rich, ok, so this could be the issue then. The combination with many channels and that I buffer a few days of data. One can selected channel group in MPiV settings, you can try to use a different group as default.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I downloaded the DemoClient 1.1
    When I launched it I get an error message that Bonjour is missing.
    On all the web pages, Google, Community, MediaPortal, MP Wiki, I do not see anything on Bonjour being a requirement.
    Bonjour.jpg

rich76

Portal Pro
    December 3, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Breese as far as I know bonjour is a requirement of WiFi remote so that's maybe why the message is popping up.
    HTH
    Rich

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Breese, DemoClient is only for checking WifiRemote if one do not get connection in MPiV. One can use bonjour together with WifiRemote but MPiV don't.

crackdown

Portal Pro
    November 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have bought the app straight away, and it works like a charm! Very nice layout and funtionality :)

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Rich was kind enough to let me connect to his HTPC and I can reproduce also on an iPad air. 800+ channels and grabbing data for 2+ days is too much. Changing default channel group to a group with less channels and everything works fine. So this is the workaround for now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom