Codec Setup to get all Online Videos to play (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamachan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    0.9.0 uses the internal player only for mp4. The older version did try external as well, maybe you had some external players that played mp4? MP4 DO work in 0.9.0, if you have your codecs setup right. (As describes in SAF thread).
    no, i only use internal player for ALL my videos.
    All works fine.
    The only problem is with MP4 stream (and 0.9.0 version). If i download the MP4 stream on my hard disk NO PROBLEM, i can play it without any problems.
    With 0.8.5 any problems.
    I don' use SAF.

els

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    Online Videos to play or the SAF v3.47, .ts files and MY TV do not work...

Online Videos ... I like that.
    But if install the codec setup to get all Online Videos to play or the SAF v3.47, .ts files and MY TV do not work. And without the Haali Media Splitter (MatroskaSplitter 1.9.42.1) is the .mkv displays slowly.
    I use the MP 1.0.2.0 and Vista SP1.
    ...els...
    Attached: Screens of MP 1.0.2.0 with ts and My TV working correctly

Attachments

• 01 - Video Player.jpg
      01 - Video Player.jpg
      65.3 KB
    • 02 - DVD Codecs.jpg
      02 - DVD Codecs.jpg
      51.6 KB
    • 03 - Television.jpg
      03 - Television.jpg
      64.6 KB
    • 04 - Video Renderer Settings.jpg
      04 - Video Renderer Settings.jpg
      54.9 KB

els

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Yahoo Music Videos

In the first post it says:

If you want YahooMusicVideos to work, those videos can only be played using the SWF file from the Yahoo site with the ActiveX component of an installed Adobe Flash Player.

However I cannot find any link for the SWF file. I use Vista Ultimate SP1 and I have Adobe Flashplayer 10 installed. I can play Yahoo Music Vidoes online but not in OnlineVideos. Everytime I try, I get an immediate error (does not even try to stream the file) and error.log shows:

[ERROR][MPMain]: Flv on Play Error Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)) System.Windows.Forms at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.CoCreateInstance(Guid& clsid, Object punkOuter, Int32 context, Guid& iid)
    at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateWithoutLicense(Guid clsid)
    at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateWithLicense(String license, Guid clsid)
    at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateInstanceCore(Guid clsid)
    at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateInstance()
    at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.GetOcxCreate()
    at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.TransitionUpTo(Int32 state)
    at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateHandle()
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
    at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.EndInit()
    at OnlineVideos.Player.FlashControl.InitializeComponent()
    at OnlineVideos.Player.FlashControl..ctor()
    at OnlineVideos.Player.YahooMusicVideosPlayer.Play(String strFile)

When I exit MP I get a message flash.ocx not found. I tried installing this file, as outlined in various posts on the web, but it didn't help. I still get the same errors.

Of course, I cannot play .mp4 Youtube videos either so maybe it is a different problem. I set up my codecs as outlined in the first post.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks! I can't believe I missed that, looking for all the complicated things and missing the obvious. It's so long since I used IE I never even thought about it. You could add a note on the first post "Adobe Flash Player (For IE)" for dummies like me :)

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Actually there is. Point 4. Just not as clear as you probably needed. ;)

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    After installing the codecs from the first post as well as the HPC AviSplitter mentioned a few posts later, I am having about 50% success rate.
    For example I can play videos from YouTube and ZDF, but not from ARD or MyVideos. I can also play videos from NASA and TedTalks, but these don't display any thumbnails, whereas the others do (even the ones that don't play). I used CodecSniper to clean out my broken codecs, and attach a list of what's left.
    How can I get this to 100%? One of the posts suggested deinstalling Nero, but I am reluctant to do this, as I use ot for burning CDs. I was also unable to get any sound from our Kodak camera's MOV files until I installed Nero.
    If you need one of those pretty graph pictures I see in other posts, please explain how to make one.

P.S. After switching from X-Factor skin back to Blue3Wide, it is easier to see the file extensions. All .FLV files fail to play with an "Audio Codec Error" message. The streams from ARD appear not to have any file extensions and simply deliver the message: "Unable to play the video."

Attachments

• CodecList.txt
      30.6 KB

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I also have ffdshow installed, set to handle most audiocodecs. Looking at my graph, ffdshow is used for FLV.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom