Community Mod - NexusMenuEditor FINAL 1.0 ** Update 08-10-2010 ** (1 Viewer)

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Re: Community Mod - Basic home ** Update 30-04-2010 **

hi kyle !
    abut the weather not showing ,i find the bug ...
    the xml was not complit ...was missing a few code:

fixed.

kyleh0000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2009
    Home Country
    Re: Community Mod - Basic home ** Update 30-04-2010 **

check the first post for an update which resolves all issue i know of and adds a few new things :)

does anyone know how to create the collapsed text that i have seen in the forums? i have seen it on a few posts but cant seem to find one at the moment

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Re: Community Mod - NexusMenuEditor BETA 02 ** Update 05-05-2010 **

hi kyle !
    thanks for the new update ...
    sorry i cano't test it now .... only night time ... promiss my kid to spend all day ,today....:)

Mr. V

Portal Pro
    September 15, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country

Hi kyle,

Testing your menu editor ATM,

I had to create a folder and place the image in this folder to get this to work; \EDITOR\XML\TEMPLATES\NOVA\RUNME\MENUITEMS

It might be a good idea to have this empty folder in the install package and a note in the docs to place your images there.

Still testing now and will give more feedback shortly.

I am having trouble geting all the icons to display and the movingpicture fanart backdrop.

Files attached. Hope it helps.

Let me know if anything else you need.

Attachments

• desktop.jpg
      desktop.jpg
      590.9 KB
    • nova.jpg
      nova.jpg
      250 KB
    • basichome.bg.zip
      30.6 KB

kyleh0000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2009
    Home Country

Hi lebbect

ok solved the moving pictures fanart problem...its an error with the nova.basichome.template.xml and the this line

<define>#useRandomMovingPicturesFanart:yes</define>

it should look like this

<define>#useRandomMovingPicturesFanart:Yes</define>

just change this file and everything should work fine :)

as for the problems with the pictures all the images i have been doing work fine, i think its got to do with where you are placing the images

once you select the Nova preset click on the details button and it will give you insturction on how to get it working, however here is a quick rundown...

place the images you want to use in \XML\TEMPLATES\NOVA\RUNME\menuitems the completed images will then get automaticly copied to the \XML\SKIN folder or if you wish to the skin folder.

A few things to watch out for, make sure the images are named EXACLTY the same as the menu items and that the menu items do NOT have spaces in them (ie TV Shows will not work and should be TVShows)

just looking at your screen shots, it looks like you have a menuitems folder in the \XML\SKIN folder which is not right it should just be the .xml files and a media folder

ill try and have another look tomorrow but so far i dont think anyone else is having this issue.

cheers

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea

hi kyle !
    :D :D ... just test it (the nova Preset) all the bug we talk abut ,as bin fix ....:)

all work wall ,in this version ... great work men ...thanks for the hard work .:D

by the way i also try the Nova Preset on Blue3Wide With no beackdrops ...work and look good also thir ...(but need some editing menuly the basichome xml..)

thir is 1 small thing i did not see befure : the basichome.overly the size and the posY are defrent (look at my screensots)

and maby in the next update need to add the logo and the Nova " bg.jpg" so we dont see black screen if click up to the top menu ..

very impressive work ..

Edit : form my point of view Nexus is out of beta ....:)

@lebbect you mast do somting wrong ,read the instraction again ..

kyleh0000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2009
    Home Country

good to know everything (or almost everything) is working

you will probably find that the only reason Blue3 doesnt work with the nova preset is because of the fonts.xml or references.xml files

in the next release ill be planing to do something with these files to make them more compatible with the other skins or maybe just have a list of recommended skins for each preset

also in the next realse im probably going to stop fixing the issues with the xml preset's as it a bit over and above what the idea of the editor is which was to provided the skiner designer a way to develop a basichome that was easily customised by the user, really it should be the skin designer that would create these files.

However as i use the nova preset I will probably still fix any issues i come accross.

Also in the next release I will look at moving this thread out to the main skin forums for users of other skins to use, and hopefully get some more presets developed by other designers :)

anyway for now im just working on cleaning up the code and implementing some error trapping and the all important documentation....

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea

sure ...

im any way editing the basichome .xml to look as black glass Nova look (mp logo,small top bar with home -exit..and nova backgrond)

so i will post it her afer im happy with it. so other user can use if they wish ... or maby i will edit the TEMPLATES ..any way
    will see ...

thanks again .

Nemulate

Portal Pro
    December 29, 2005
    IOW
    Home Country
    England England

Hi great work :) One thing I'm getting same as lebbect is a strange overlap in the rss line at the left hand side. There is a text label about infoservice overlaid on top of the scrolling rss feed.

Thanks

Mr. V

Portal Pro
    September 15, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country

Hi kyle

The change to the xml template worked fine.

Still having trouble with creating the images, but did get it to work.

The reason why i was seeing some empty icons is that images were left over from the previous version, but this version wasnt creating any images.

So i used the old version to create the images and placed them in the skin/media dir. and it worked fine.

The latest version didnt seem to create the images and the cmd window showed two errors when processing the files. (screenshot attached.)

Not sure if it make a difference but im running windows 7.

Attachments

• cmd.jpg
      cmd.jpg
      112.2 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom