Community Mod - NexusMenuEditor FINAL 1.0 ** Update 08-10-2010 ** (2 Viewers)

kyleh0000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2009
    Home Country
    Re: Community Mod - Basic home

no update yet, I have spoken to txg and he is going to put the source code up on google code, once thats done I will start to work on the editor again, shouldnt be to long once i get the code :)
    Hi!

The basic home source code is up on google code together with the latest skin svn!

Thanks

Tgx

awsome thanks buddy!

and like i said if you ever need any help with the coding just let me know:D

kyleh0000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2009
    Home Country

just took a look at this now, and its going to take a bit longer than I though to complete.

I havent had much to do with C# so its going to take me a while to convert the code to JavaScript, from what I have been reading its def posible but will just take a while for me to do the conversion

anyway ill post again a when I have some updates to report :)

kyleh0000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2009
    Home Country

sorry its taking so long with this, its taking long than i thought o convert the code, but I have also had a lot on my plate at the moment so I been getting less and less time to working on it.

I have also run into some issues creating the generic editor due to the way the fonts work.

Im hoping to get this sorted out shortly and release a new version before MP 1.1 Final :)

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea

sorry its taking so long with this, its taking long than i thought o convert the code, but I have also had a lot on my plate at the moment so I been getting less and less time to working on it.

I have also run into some issues creating the generic editor due to the way the fonts work.

Im hoping to get this sorted out shortly and release a new version before MP 1.1 Final :)

hi kyle !
    any prograss ? any thing to test for you ? ...:)

kyleh0000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2009
    Home Country

hi kyle !
    any prograss ? any thing to test for you ? ...:)

ok still no files for testing yet...however i have finished the C# code and everything works perfect:)

now i just need to make some quick changes to the XML and .Net code (which im MUCH more familiar with) so should take me to much time provided i can find the time....

these are the things i need to finish before i realse a new test version....

- rewirte some code to allow for extra processing for menu item images (this is the nova thing)
    - implent the ability to change the font size

these are the things i would like to finish before releasing another full version...

- redo the gui to make it more user friendly
    - include a preview button
    - include the abilty to auto copy the files to the correct skin directory
    - include decent doco on how to use the editor and also how to create presets which can be used to edit other skins and not just the black glass ones

Once the next full release is finished I will probably move this thread to the skin forum as it will then be ready to be used by any skin and not just this one, the work i have been doing for the nova skin is a bit byond the scope of what i was planning to do but as i use this skin and im using it a bit of a proff of concept i thought i would do it anyway:)

this a long weekend for me this weekend so hopefully ill be able to finsih at least the next test version by then:)

cheers

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea

ok still no files for testing yet...however i have finished the C# code and everything works perfect:)

now i just need to make some quick changes to the XML and .Net code (which im MUCH more familiar with) so should take me to much time provided i can find the time....

these are the things i need to finish before i realse a new test version....

- rewirte some code to allow for extra processing for menu item images (this is the nova thing)
    - implent the ability to change the font size

these are the things i would like to finish before releasing another full version...

- redo the gui to make it more user friendly
    - include a preview button
    - include the abilty to auto copy the files to the correct skin directory
    - include decent doco on how to use the editor and also how to create presets which can be used to edit other skins and not just the black glass ones

Once the next full release is finished I will probably move this thread to the skin forum as it will then be ready to be used by any skin and not just this one, the work i have been doing for the nova skin is a bit byond the scope of what i was planning to do but as i use this skin and im using it a bit of a proff of concept i thought i would do it anyway:)

this a long weekend for me this weekend so hopefully ill be able to finsih at least the next test version by then:)

cheers

hi kyle !
    great news ... i'm sure it will be great editor ... hope you can finsh soon .....

thank's for all the work and time you put in the new editor .... :D

kyleh0000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2009
    Home Country

hmmmm i have been trying to upload a preview of the next release but it wont let me! :mad:

if you want it just pm me and i can email it to you....

I have just got lots of "tweaking" left to do

the nova preset is working great!

but just a few things i still need to work on, such as....

- when using the nova preset you can not have a space in the menu item name (ie TV Shows will fail)
    - Implement font sizes
    - Nova XML needs to be edited at the moment the weather and RSS isnt working but this is pretty quick to fix
    - documentation
    - update other presets, currently due to changes I have made only the default and nova presets work

anyway sorry i cant upload it ill try again later but if you want the test version just pm :)

cheers

EDIT: FINALY GOT IT TO UPLOAD! however i had to rename it to a .ace file, the files is actuly a .7z file which you will need to rename it to to extract the files with 7zip

Attachments

• AeonMenuEditor_ALPHA01.ace
      30.7 KB

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea

hmmmm i have been trying to upload a preview of the next release but it wont let me! :mad:

if you want it just pm me and i can email it to you....

I have just got lots of "tweaking" left to do

the nova preset is working great!

but just a few things i still need to work on, such as....

- when using the nova preset you can not have a space in the menu item name (ie TV Shows will fail)
    - Implement font sizes
    - Nova XML needs to be edited at the moment the weather and RSS isnt working but this is pretty quick to fix
    - documentation
    - update other presets, currently due to changes I have made only the default and nova presets work

anyway sorry i cant upload it ill try again later but if you want the test version just pm :)

cheers

hi kyle ! great to hear ....i PM you alrady ..

thanks and wait for your replay ...:)

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea

hi kyle !
    thanks for uplading the alpha v01

i will try it tonight ....now at work ...

i will report tonight layt ...:)

better to move the new version to the first post ,i sure more user will like to test it too ... will be faster to find it ..

kyleh0000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2009
    Home Country

hi kyle !
    thanks for uplading the alpha v01

i will try it tonight ....now at work ...

i will report tonight layt ...:)

better to move the new version to the first post ,i sure more user will like to test it too ... will be faster to find it ..

the first post is just for final version as this is only a test i wont move it there just yet but i should get time to fix the bugs then ill upload another version to the first post :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom