Community Mod - NexusMenuEditor FINAL 1.0 ** Update 08-10-2010 ** (3 Viewers)

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Re: Community Mod - Basic home

the nova preset is working great!

but just a few things i still need to work on, such as....

- when using the nova preset you can not have a space in the menu item name (ie TV Shows will fail)
    - Implement font sizes
    - Nova XML needs to be edited at the moment the weather and RSS isnt working but this is pretty quick to fix
    - documentation
    - update other presets, currently due to changes I have made only the default and nova presets work

EDIT: FINALY GOT IT TO UPLOAD! however i had to rename it to a .ace file, the files is actuly a .7z file which you will need to rename it to to extract the files with 7zip

Kyle ..... ( O...MY...GOD... :D ) you did it ... i wasen't sure you can do it ..but you did ...excelet work ...:)
    (if you can see me now ....im claping my hand for you...:p )

i add total of 15 butten to test with ....all butten look great and work wall ...(don't mind the pictures i put ..it was jast for test ..:)
    i use the multiimeg option (i like fanarthandler plugin alut in all plugin ,just not in basichome ...

o.k and now for some feedback ...

1- see screenshots ... screen 01 i put with no backdrops so can see only the menu with name . look good men ..
    2- rest screen with backdrops ... for some reson all the backdrops move 1 butten to the right ( if select butten movie the backdrops thet show is of the butten to the right of him ...in all the butten ...im not sure what hapen...
    3-if you look on screen with backdrop you will see, canot see very wall the name and the frame of the pictures butten ... need some
    overly backgrownd very transprent Behind the name ..or somting .
    4-in the editor need option to let user to Choose wich butten to be the defult one (the center one ), i think the weather butten
    need to be as defult ..but if have option to choose will be better ...
    5- still have the prablem that in music the view change from shaer view to artist view after i put this mod ...i don't get it ...:confused:

other then that all great ...
    again kyle excelent work ...thanks for all the work ..

kyleh0000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2009
    Home Country

thanks for testing and thanks for the feedback im glad it works :)

i was aware of all the bugs you mentioned except for the one where the backgrounds are wrong....but good news i know the exact fix for this and its very very simple:)

as for the menu items being hard to read this is also simple to fix....either way its a easy fix aswell

the default menu item is the item at the top of the list in the GUI :) i might have to change things slighty in this preset as the default item should be item 3 rather than item one but again im aware of this and the fix for it:)

like i said i knew there were lots of bug but i know the fix for them as well its just getting the time to implement and test:)

cheers

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

Hey kyleh0000, i would like to try this but am not sure what files do i need..

Could you update first post so it's easier to follow?

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea

hi kyle !
    i forget to say ,i check the MP error log right after instal the mod and thir was 2 line :
    abut : nothing.xml and basic home weather.xml .

what is noting.xml ??

kyleh0000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2009
    Home Country

nothing.xml is something i need to do need to change its only realy used for some test stuff this error will be removed in the final version, i suspect the basichomeweather error is because i havent finalsied the code for this, but again this is on the to be fixed list :)

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea

hi kyle !
    i answer your pm abut weather ,please check it ...

nothing.xml is something i need to do need to change its only realy used for some test stuff this error will be removed in the final version, i suspect the basichomeweather error is because i havent finalsied the code for this, but again this is on the to be fixed list :)

the weather error i fix by puting my mod for 2 days weather on basichome ...:)

the only error i have is the nothing.xml .....wich will be remove in the next version ... so great ....:D

Mr. V

Portal Pro
    September 15, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Re: Community Mod - Basic home ** Update 30-04-2010 **

Thanks.

Should of just reboot my pc. Its been running for more than a week and for some reason it wouldnt download any files. All good now.

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Re: Community Mod - Basic home ** Update 30-04-2010 **

hi kyle !
    test it ..wark wall ..:)

have 2 thing i see for now ..

1- the weather on basichome not view at all , ,

2-after evry turn on mp the first time you get the menu up the backdrop is not curect ,then click to right or left bring the corect one ,and then stay o.k , it just for first enter untile first click ....
    i can say the select button corect ,the beackdrops is all time the last one on the list ...

i try it a few time all the time the same ,if turn on mp and no tach any thing then you see it (corect select button-not corect bacdrop)
    after 1 select no metter wich derection all move to be o.k ....

i hope i was clear ...

all rest bug fixed in this version ,,,,,:D
    thanks ,

Edit : hm... no ,it seams evry time you enter the menu for first time ,even you go to any plugin and back to the menu it's dos it ,the select buton corect ,the backdrops is not, is the last on the list ..... untile click again any where it's fix....so it is a new bug ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom