Compro DVB-T: USB stick - Model U3 (1 Viewer)

gazza

January 23, 2007
Home Country
Hi all..

Has anyone got this USB DVB-T COmpro model to work with Media Portal ??

If so can someone post or mail me the config.xml for it..

Cheers

Howie_Ly

March 30, 2007
Home Country
Did you get the answer to this mate? Because i'm in Australia also trying to get the U3 to work under MP.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I have one and it didn't work with TVE2 but with the new TV engine it works perfectly. Much better than my Dvico cards.

If you feel adventurous try the new TV engine. For me it works much better than the older one.

Howie_Ly

March 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Gidday mate! Thanks for the reply.

I must admit i'm a total newbie to MP. Can you explain to me the relationship between TVE2 and the new TV engine? And how do you install it? Is there a link? The wikipedia article on TVE2 was hopeless.

Many thanks,

Howie

Howie_Ly

March 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Heya buddy..

well i got TVE3 working on it, and it does scan + pickup 29 odd channels. And I can preview each stream in the TV Server configuration.. but within the client when I hit My TV, it has a problem previewing it, i'm getting no audio/video error messages, also unable to timeshift errors.

Have downloaded the latest SVN and everything. I'm stumped.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    have you set the recording paths in the TV server section?
    You have to set the recording directory and the timeshift directory.
    I forgot the timeshift one the first time and got time shift errors.

Also, take a look in the MP /Logs directory and see if there is any thing revealed there. If you can't understand them then post them here.
    You are best off starting MP from scratch, go to MyTV, get the error then stop MP. this way the logs won't be too big and will only have the relevant info.

It does work, so don't lose hope.

PS, also make sure the Compro software isn't running, as it may be locking the card if it is. Turn off AutoStart for it if you haven't already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 DVB-T playback DE
    Those signal numbers look fine. (y) Unfortunately, I don't have any other suggestions as to the possible cause of your problem. :( -- from CyberSimian in the UK
    Those signal numbers look fine. (y) Unfortunately, I don't have any other suggestions as to the possible cause of your problem. :(...
    I've just rebuilt my htpc and added DVB-S and DVB-T cards TBS6281 and TBS6982. The system is all working well except for playback...
    Replies
    Views
    Judging by the source code, 1.20 has DB version 61, and 1.33 has DB version 62. That is, one column has been added: symbolRateMultiplier
    Judging by the source code, 1.20 has DB version 61, and 1.33 has DB version 62. That is, one column has been added...
    Hi I have a TV server 1.12 on a dedicated box, utilizing 2 DVB-C cards and newcs. I want to keep that installation. However one of...
    Replies
    Views
    Just those I attached. I messed about with task priorities MP/TV-Server/SQL-Server and the issue changed to the skin.. I would do something, but it would be 10's of seconds before the action happened. Doing an Alt-Tab would flush the actions. Too weird lol!! So, with some flak from the family, I had to give in. I just did a...
    Just those I attached. I messed about with task priorities MP/TV-Server/SQL-Server and the issue changed to the skin.. I would do...
    So, this one has me quite stumped. Have tried ) and a few things - driver updates, kicking the box, threatening it with a static...
    Replies
    Views
    It took a while but loading the three updates and waiting, (I wandered off doing other things), while the Win 7 searched for updates eventually brought about 170 available updates. I picked the latest, largest and Cumulative ones and everything burst into action enough to re-install MediaPortal 1.33 which is running very well. I let...
    It took a while but loading the three updates and waiting, (I wandered off doing other things), while the Win 7 searched for...
    Hi Running MP1 - 1.39 for long while, no issues. 10th April [same time as 2024-KB5037036 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework...
    Replies
    Views
    Using version 1.32: no problems at all.
    Using version 1.32: no problems at all.
    The automatic refresh rate changeover suddenly stopped working for me. Everything worked perfectly the whole time. I didn't change...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom