Comskip in SVN (1 Viewer)

Bulan

Portal Member
December 11, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Great addition to MediaPortal, got this function on my Sony DVD/HDD-recorder now and it's a goldfeature.
In the Sony it works like it sets chaptermarks when the image makes a big change on short time, and it get's it right on 9 of 10 times, and I'm guessing Comskip does something similar to this.
So once again nice that this feature is finding it's way into MP!

The Sony does this "on-the-fly", which means that if I'm timeshifting a show I can use this feature while I'm watching to easily skip the commercials and catch-up with the live feed.

Would this also be possible with MP, or are we forever stuck on running ComSkip on a file after it has been recorded?
To have this feature I'm guessing that it relies on how ComSkip handles files and such (file locks etc).. Any one got a view if this ever will be possible? (maybe is already?? :) )

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    ComSkip can run on the recording as it happens. So yes, there is a possibility.

BUT, ComSkip doesn't run on dvr-ms in real-time (yet), so this feature probably won't make it into TVE2. But it is possible for TVE3. It might be difficult, but I would say that it's only a matter of time before we get it working. Just don't ask me how much time :)

Cheers,

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I have tested it with TVE2.

ComSkipLauncher plugin: Az elérési út formátuma érvénytelen.
    it means: the path format is invalid
    ComSkipLauncher plugin: Recording ended ( on RTL Klub), launching program (D:\progik\comskip\comskip.exe

See the attached log.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    That problem was meant to have been fixed in the recent SVN.

What version of SVN release are you using?

Has anyone else had this problem?

Try updating your SVN version, if it still happens I'll talk to some of the other devs about it.

Cheers,

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    oh my god. I feel so stupid.

Thanks for that :)

I'll go talk to some of the devs, maybe the fix got removed ...

Cheers,

Juppe

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Just a quick question, what will happen if the computer has been waked up for a recording and then the powerscheduler shall hibernate it after the recording, but the comskip isn't ready. Will the powerscheduler see that or will it hibernate the computer anyway?

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Thats easy, Juppe: Just add comskip as process to Powerscheduler Config in SetupTV. So Powerscheduler waits until comskip is finished!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom