Comskip in SVN (1 Viewer)

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Hey Aaron,

with latest TVE3 I get the following error.log and no comskip running:

31.03.2007 19:03:14 ComSkipLauncher - ComSkipLauncher_OnTvServerEvent(): Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Any idea?

Regards

JDizzy

Portal Member
    March 30, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Showanalyzer

I just recently downloaded MP (3 days ago) and have been slowly setting it up.
    I couldn't tell you if I am running v2 or v3 of the TV engine nor what build of MP I am running....it is a bit confusing.

I was running SageTV (for TV), Beyond Media (for videos), and J River Medai (for music)....whew!

It looks like MP will do what I need on all without running 4 seperate programs or external players.

BUT, I do miss my commercial skipping and found this thread when doing a search on Comskip.
    After reading through several posts I am going to give it a go using the same tools I used with SageTV.

I am assuming that the MP I am running (2.2.2 or something like that) supports the commercial skipping (using the right arrow button or fast forward on remote)

As stated above, it would be nice to have an OSD come on momentarily when pushing the right arrow to jump and possibly enable/disable comskipping through the Options menu and ultimately jump automatically.

At any rate, here is how I did it with SageTV and am now trying it with MP:

I use Showanalyzer to detect the commercials...I have had better luck with it over Comskip. The author also makes a program to automate the process called DIRMON2 which monitors your capture directory and starts Showanalyzer when it senses a new recording in the directory.

Setup DIRMON2 to look for any files with the .dvr-ms extension in your capture directory. If there is one there, it can either be configured to start processing the files then (semi realtime), or wait untill it is finished recording and then process.
    You also configure Showanalyzer to output either .txt or a dozen other file types depending on which program you are going to use afterwards to read them. (.edl files seemed to work better than .txt files, or seemed more accurate. In SageTV you had the option to use either)

If there are no new recordings in the capture directory, DIRMON2 then looks to see if there are any .txt files in the directory that do not have a matching .dvr-ms file. If so, it deletes them. (cleaning out any .txt files after you delete the original recording once watched).

Looking forward to this addition!

-JD

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    The_Stig & Koschel:

I've located the source of the problem and there will be a fix in SVN either today or tomorrow. Thanks guys.

JDizzy:

I'll get my hands on "Showanalyzer" and see what I can do. Thanks for the info.

Cheers,

JDizzy

Portal Member
    March 30, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I can't seem to get the manual skipping to work.

I am running the stock Mediaportal 0.2.2 version.

I basically ran my program as described above (Showanalyzer) which generated the needed .txt file.

When watching the recording I tried both the right arrow and skip forward buttons
    (the right arrow brings up the skip +15 +30, etc OSD)

Any ideas?
    -JD

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I'm pretty sure ealeir in the thead it has been sadi a few times that the function has only just been added in recent SVN's.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    The_Stig & Koschel:

The problem you reported earlier is now fixed and you will see the change in subsequent SVN releases.

Thanks guys,

ammm

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2005
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Confirmed fixed!
    Great plugin!
    Thanks a lot and-81!!!!

dareh

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2006
    Alcalá de Henares
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    hi everybody.
    Aaron, what do you think of showing different colour tones in the timeline for the commercial blocks?. Eg darker for show and lighter for comms.

Thanks
    Dareh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom