Comskip in SVN (1 Viewer)

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I'm looking at a couple of things like that, just really busy at the moment.

Cheers,

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    hi everybody.
    Aaron, what do you think of showing different colour tones in the timeline for the commercial blocks?. Eg darker for show and lighter for comms.

Thanks
    Dareh.

good idea!

D4bFz3awSRYHKjr3

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Home Country
    Aruba Aruba
    ComSkip plugin

With the new ComSkip plugin, is the tab page still of any use in the recording settings?

Ralph

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ocram,

moved your post to this thread, to have all questions related to MP's Comskip Support in one thread.

ocram said:
    With the new ComSkip plugin, is the tab page still of any use in the recording settings?

What do you mean with tab page?

Regards
    Ralph

D4bFz3awSRYHKjr3

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Home Country
    Aruba Aruba
    In the TVsetup(tvserver0.3) dialog, where you can set the recording properties, the last tab is "Commercials", it was there before the plugin. Is it still of any use now that the plugins is there?

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    It is still in there while the plugin is getting more and more use. Once I'm satisfied that any and all bugs in the plugin have been removed I will remove the "commercials" tab because the plugin is more flexible.

Cheers,

Juppe

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi and-81.

I think I have found a problem with comskip, its when you start a recording when you watch it, you press record and then "record only this program".
    When that recording is finished and comskip starts, I get a windows error, the ordinary message, something like "DGIndex has enco... a proplem and has to be closed". I think its because that comskip trying to cut commercial out of the .dvr-ms file, but I dont think that file contains any program, I think the .sbe files contains the program.

Juppe

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    oooh, ok, that's a problem... I don't know what you could do about that ...

All I can suggest is that if you are not running the latest version of ComSkip, update.

It's probably an issue that you would need to raise with the author of comskip though. Perhaps it doesn't fully implement the required dvr-ms reading capabilities... I'm really just guessing here.

Let me know if you find a solution. I'm sorry I can't help you more than that. Maybe someone else reading this has some ideas?

Juppe

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Is it possible to not launch comskip from the plugin if there is any .sbe file with the same name as the dvr-ms-file and not cut out the commercial of that recording?

Ralph

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Comskip will not cut out anything, unless you configured Comskip to do so.
    The Problem you get, may because when using the Record Now function a small xy.dvr-ms
    will be created with several xy.sbe files.
    it's a limitation of windows engine.
    Comskip cannot scan these *.sbe files, that's why an error comes up.
    When using the TV-Guide for a recording you will get only one big *.dvr-ms file, that can be scanned by Comskip.

I think will need to live with this limitation untill the new TVEngine, that will record in Mpeg, is finished.

Regards
    Ralph

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom