Configuration for Moving Pictures keeps crashing | Page 7

Discussion in 'Moving Pictures' started by {{INX}}, December 21, 2009.

1. El-Loco

El-Loco Portal Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Same problem since updating to RC2 and last MovPic Version (StreamedMP).
    I got 80 movies local on extern usb hd and 50 movies on my nas. The nas import doesn't work, MovPic keeps chrashing. Then i tested the usb HD ... it worked perfect.
    The automatic Media-Info doesn't work fore me.

So it must be the network related thing ... Gigabit NAS, but only 100mbit on my HTPC ... to slow ? But remember the problem is new.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ltfearme
    • Premium Supporter

ltfearme Community Plugin Dev

Software Test Engineer
    Ratings:
    +5,379 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    El-Loco, what happens if you create another folder on your NAS for an import path and just add a few movies at a time to it. Maybe the crash is related to one or a few movies on the NAS.

I dont think the crash is due to the NAS, but I could be wrong. Either way, would good if you can help narrow it down.

4. El-Loco

El-Loco Portal Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    OK, i've created several folders with 15 movies inside.
    The Error appears by grabbing Rambo 3 ... If i move Rambo 3 to an other folder (without grabbing in movpic) it works ... Now i'm searching the differents to other movies.

The first thing is the attribut flag, all movies got the archiv flag, Rambo 3 not.

I post immediatley if i got news on this.

• Like Like x 2
  5. nick76
    • Premium Supporter

nick76 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    Switzerland Switzerland
    please help me with this bug... what could it be? why crashes everytime?

6. nick76
    • Premium Supporter

nick76 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I tried to update to MovPic 1.0.6 but I've the same result. MP 1.1.0 RC6 crashes on loading the plugin and in the MP configuration, I cannot access the MP menu. :-(

Nick

7. RoChess
    • Premium Supporter

RoChess Extension Developer

Ratings:
    +1,660 / 2
    El-loco & nick76, can you see if the problem relates to MediaInfo by using the fix from: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...mediainfo-dll-might-solve-weird-delays-84200/

Please report back your experiences, so that other users can benefit. If the new MediaInfo DLL doesn't fix it, then try your best to pin-point it down, perhaps you have some older incompatible plugin (InfoService seems to be a problem for some for example), or a virus scanner that locks certain files, or some settings on your NAS/OS/etc that cause this.

The "I got a problem" doesn't inspire developers much to work on a fix, compared to a detailed step-by-step procedure that they can do themselves to recreate the problem and therefore be able to debug/fix it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. nick76
    • Premium Supporter

nick76 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I found the problem (at least on my system)... is related to the cover grabber impawards.com... just disabling it, everything is ok...

Nick

9. tango38317

tango38317 Portal Member

IT - TS/CTX/AD/SQL/AD DESIGN
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Austria Austria
    AW: Configuration for Moving Pictures keeps crashing

Hi,

I have solved this problem in another way: download the sql lite databrowser, opened the movingpictures.db3, export database to sql file, renamed the movingpictures.db3, import the exported data and create a new movingpictures.db3. The new db was about 30% smaller, and don’t stop if I try to import new movies.
    Maybe this solution helps anyone.

10. ppeterr

ppeterr Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +5 / 0

Once again, i did get some problems with importing certain movies into the database.
    This time, it didnt matter what it was, hd dvd 5.1 etc....
    These movies, crashed mp at startup and the config tool when entering moving pictures config.

I took a look at the logs, and couldnt make much about it. Except for some times "acces denied"
    That made me wonder. So i checked the permissions on the server for the dirs that gave me errors.

Then i removed that folder, resulting at normal startup, mediaportal and config for moving pictures.

When placed back, again crash. - but i noticed, that the acces denied was caused by a ""not readable for any user chmod"

I corrected the permission with a chmod 777 - and it works !

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!