Configuration for Moving Pictures keeps crashing (1 Viewer)

El-Loco

Portal Member
February 12, 2008
Oldenburg
Home Country
Germany Germany
Same problem since updating to RC2 and last MovPic Version (StreamedMP).
I got 80 movies local on extern usb hd and 50 movies on my nas. The nas import doesn't work, MovPic keeps chrashing. Then i tested the usb HD ... it worked perfect.
The automatic Media-Info doesn't work fore me.

So it must be the network related thing ... Gigabit NAS, but only 100mbit on my HTPC ... to slow ? But remember the problem is new.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Same problem since updating to RC2 and last MovPic Version (StreamedMP).
    I got 80 movies local on extern usb hd and 50 movies on my nas. The nas import doesn't work, MovPic keeps chrashing. Then i tested the usb HD ... it worked perfect.
    The automatic Media-Info doesn't work fore me.

So it must be the network related thing ... Gigabit NAS, but only 100mbit on my HTPC ... to slow ? But remember the problem is new.

El-Loco, what happens if you create another folder on your NAS for an import path and just add a few movies at a time to it. Maybe the crash is related to one or a few movies on the NAS.

I dont think the crash is due to the NAS, but I could be wrong. Either way, would good if you can help narrow it down.

El-Loco

Portal Member
    February 12, 2008
    Oldenburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK, i've created several folders with 15 movies inside.
    The Error appears by grabbing Rambo 3 ... If i move Rambo 3 to an other folder (without grabbing in movpic) it works ... Now i'm searching the differents to other movies.

The first thing is the attribut flag, all movies got the archiv flag, Rambo 3 not.

I post immediatley if i got news on this.

nick76

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    hello all,
    same error by me... I've tried to import a fresh install on a windows 7 x64 and continues crashing... I've 554 movies on my nas and trying to import the files (based on MP 1.1 RC1 and MovPic 1.0.4) I've the same result as in my x86 environment: it crashes importing movies. No special caracters on my films and "random" crashing movie. I tried to import 100 movies (moved to another directory) and works.
    I think is a problem related to the volume of movies to collect...

(btw: in my x86 environment, upgrading from MovPic 0.75 to 1.0.4, the very first time seems to works fine, then (even when I try to open MP) it crashes).

Nick

please help me with this bug... what could it be? why crashes everytime?

nick76

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    hello all,
    same error by me... I've tried to import a fresh install on a windows 7 x64 and continues crashing... I've 554 movies on my nas and trying to import the files (based on MP 1.1 RC1 and MovPic 1.0.4) I've the same result as in my x86 environment: it crashes importing movies. No special caracters on my films and "random" crashing movie. I tried to import 100 movies (moved to another directory) and works.
    I think is a problem related to the volume of movies to collect...

(btw: in my x86 environment, upgrading from MovPic 0.75 to 1.0.4, the very first time seems to works fine, then (even when I try to open MP) it crashes).

Nick

please help me with this bug... what could it be? why crashes everytime?

I tried to update to MovPic 1.0.6 but I've the same result. MP 1.1.0 RC6 crashes on loading the plugin and in the MP configuration, I cannot access the MP menu. :-(

Nick

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    El-loco & nick76, can you see if the problem relates to MediaInfo by using the fix from: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...mediainfo-dll-might-solve-weird-delays-84200/

Please report back your experiences, so that other users can benefit. If the new MediaInfo DLL doesn't fix it, then try your best to pin-point it down, perhaps you have some older incompatible plugin (InfoService seems to be a problem for some for example), or a virus scanner that locks certain files, or some settings on your NAS/OS/etc that cause this.

The "I got a problem" doesn't inspire developers much to work on a fix, compared to a detailed step-by-step procedure that they can do themselves to recreate the problem and therefore be able to debug/fix it.

nick76

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I found the problem (at least on my system)... is related to the cover grabber impawards.com... just disabling it, everything is ok...

Nick

tango38317

Portal Member
    April 25, 2008
    Carinthia
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Configuration for Moving Pictures keeps crashing

Hi,

I have solved this problem in another way: download the sql lite databrowser, opened the movingpictures.db3, export database to sql file, renamed the movingpictures.db3, import the exported data and create a new movingpictures.db3. The new db was about 30% smaller, and don’t stop if I try to import new movies.
    Maybe this solution helps anyone.

ppeterr

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2008
    fforde, maybe i can give some usefull input.

MP 1.1.0 MovP 1.0.4.1070 worked perfect untill i added a movie with custom 5.1

It took me long to work it out, but deleting only that movie, didnt make the config of MP, and the config of moving pictures crash anymore.
    If your able to download from usenet, i could help you get it, to repoduce it. Or later on, i'll produce some logs if you want to.

Once again, i did get some problems with importing certain movies into the database.
    This time, it didnt matter what it was, hd dvd 5.1 etc....
    These movies, crashed mp at startup and the config tool when entering moving pictures config.

I took a look at the logs, and couldnt make much about it. Except for some times "acces denied"
    That made me wonder. So i checked the permissions on the server for the dirs that gave me errors.

Then i removed that folder, resulting at normal startup, mediaportal and config for moving pictures.

When placed back, again crash. - but i noticed, that the acces denied was caused by a ""not readable for any user chmod"

I corrected the permission with a chmod 777 - and it works !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom