Configuration for Moving Pictures keeps crashing (2 Viewers)

evilTom

Portal Member
March 27, 2008
Hi
I’ve been having this problem for a couple of days since I rebuilt my HTPC.
The process I go through is as follows.
  • Downloaded and installed V1.0.2 of MovingPictures
  • Opened the config and set the location of my movies. (For the sake of completeness this is a NAS drive but I don’t think this is the problem)
  • It starts reading through my collection (approx 400 files) and when it gets to about a third of the way through matching files it crashes. I get the standard windows crash window; “Mediaportal Configuration has encountered an error and needs to close…” with an invitation to send a report to Microsoft.
  • Interestingly, if I leave this window open for a few minutes before closing it the config does not immediately close but hangs on the screen for a moment then throws a second, identical crash window. Closing this second one closes the config window as well. This may suggest that although it has crashed something is still going on in the background and caused the second error? This could also be me over thinking things!
  • If I disable the MediaInfo option as above I get exactly the same problem.

I have attached my movingpictures.log. I have tried generating this a couple of times and the movie it examines last before crashing is different every time so I don’t think its one file that’s the cause of the problem.
I don’t seem to have a error.log only a error.bak which is only a few lines long, has not been modified for several days and appears not to contain any reference to moving pictures. If you want this let me know and I will upload it.
Likewise with mediaportal.log. I have been playing around with this error for an hour or more now and the mediaportal.log has not been updated in all that time. But as above, just shout and I’ll upload it.

Another poster reported mediaportal taking a long time to load. I had the same issue but worked out that the pc that acts as my tv server was switched off at the time and that this machine was probably trying to contact it, failing and hanging. I disabled the TV plugin and it loads at normal speed. Again I mention this only for completeness, I don’t think its connected.

I’m now going to revert to the latest stable release and see what happens.

Many Thanks.

evilTom

Portal Member
March 27, 2008
Just had a closer look at the windows error which was being thrown and it mentions "system.unauthorizedaccess"

The pic's a bit small but just readable I think.

Attachments

• crash1.jpg
    crash1.jpg
    78 KB

jdrom17

Portal Member
March 24, 2007
I'm having similar issues with the MP Configuration crashing when I go to import my movies.

Oddly enough, my folder with HD-only movies imports without error, but the folder with mainly AVI and a few MKVs (non HD though), is the one that causes the crash. However rolling back to 0.7.5, and everything works fine.

And I skimmed through the logs you requested, and well there really doesn't seem to be anything that would be of help in them. Only the MovingPictures one gets created anyways. I can attach it though if you like. I'd even be open to doing Remote Assistance if you want to take a full look.

Update: And after my DB was made with 0.7.5, installing 1.0.3.1063 (from latest StreamedMP beta), then all seems fine.

Solved: Apparently it needs "Full Control" security to my network share with all the movies. So it writes data or something to the folders? Seems odd still though that the older 0.7.5 didn't have any issues with read only.

tomoqv

Portal Pro
June 28, 2006
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I am having similar problems as the posters in this thread. 0.7.5 works fine, while any 1.01 through 1.03 (RC) hangs when trying to close the config window and MediaPortal hangs when attempting to play a video. I did a clean install of MP 1.1.0 RC1 yesterday, but the issues with MovingPictures remain also after that. I have all my videos on a Windows Homeserver network share, so I guess my HTPC has read only access to that folder. Do I need to enable full access to the WHS video folder for MovingPictures to work?

Ok, the read write access seem to have solved the config issue, but MP still hangs on video playback. Logs included this time.

thesystemera

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I have established that Moving Pictures is not allowing me to have DVD playback via the DVD drive....

I have installed the latest Moving Pictures and have done a fresh install of the latest and greatest MediaPortal 1.1RC1.

When I disable Moving Pictures, DVD playback works, when enabled I just get a black screen..

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Can anyone running MediaPortal 1.1 RC1 reproduce this issue? I have reason to believe that a MediaPortal change may have solved this in RC1.

ppeterr

Portal Pro
July 20, 2008
fforde, maybe i can give some usefull input.

MP 1.1.0 MovP 1.0.4.1070 worked perfect untill i added a movie with custom 5.1

It took me long to work it out, but deleting only that movie, didnt make the config of MP, and the config of moving pictures crash anymore.
If your able to download from usenet, i could help you get it, to repoduce it. Or later on, i'll produce some logs if you want to.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi ppeterr, please PM me the details.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom