Configuration for Moving Pictures keeps crashing (2 Viewers)

{{INX}}

Portal Member
November 20, 2008
I get exactly the same thing as nokmond, and yes mine too crashes when I launch MP. If i then disable the plugin MP and all other plugins etc work fine

nokmond

Portal Pro
January 25, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Just wait for fford to have a look thru the log files, i'm sure he'll have an idea whats causing it, but yeh its driving me mad as well!

{{INX}}

Portal Member
November 20, 2008
Yeah will do mate. I am currently testing this install on the Laptop before I rebuild the HTPC with Windows 7 & latest MP/plugins.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have looked at your log files guys and I am really kind of at a loss. nokmond, in your log files I see that a few calls to the thumbnail generation logic fail, but the errors are properly caught so the code should move on. This is not even done in the rendering thread though so I would definately not expect this to lock the GUI. INX, your log files are completely error free. ><

So one of you said the config "crashes" and the other said "freezes". Can you guys elaborate on these terms just to make sure we are on the same page? And for either of you are you getting an error dialog popup that says something like "JIT Error"?

{{INX}}

Portal Member
November 20, 2008
If i launch the MP config Utility/Plugins then click configure Moving Pictures, this happens everytime

captureay.jpg

If i delete the DB for Moving pictures it will let me load the config page for Moving pictures and start import, but at some point through importing it locks up and crashes and then leaves me with the problem in the 1st paragraph.
I believe this is the same for Nokmond

nokmond

Portal Pro
January 25, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Fford - mine 'freezes' as in stays on 'retrieving details for......' until I am forced to close it by the task manager - i've left it a couple of hours once. Can I ask what versions of Mediaportal you are using and what skin? Thanks

PS - I'll just add that all my media is on a file server and i'm having the same problem on both of my HTPC's.

{{INX}}

Portal Member
November 20, 2008
^^^^^ Thats what happens with mine and I too have a file server.

Nokmond I dont know about you but I have tried the standard skin & Streamed MP so far but both have the same effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom