[confirm] Continous glitches in LiveTV (both SD & HD) (1 Viewer)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just a thought but try changing the audio codec. I was using an svn version of FFDShow and this appeared to be causing my issues with video

hassegubben

Portal Pro
    November 25, 2006
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I thought the same thing. I have been changing video codecs(MPC-MPA, ATI, PDVD8), audio codecs(MPC-MPA,PDVD8), audio renderer (Default DirectSound Device, PDVD8, ATI HD Audio). One at a time to see the result. They are all used according to Graphedit, but the stutter is still there. I also disconnected all USB cables to se if there were any congestions. Did not help. I am running out of options. If the "Don't drop discontinued packets in TsReader" is de-selected, MP freezes and has to be killed. I also tried adjusting the antenna amplifier from lowest to highest in steps. No difference for high gain and low gain. And the TsReader contains Video Discontinuities...:(
    I also tried EVR renderer. The blockiness was gone and instead there were more pronounced freezes every now and then. But all problems I am experiencing is from the Terratec DVB-C tuner. My analog and DVB-T tuners all work perfectly. No matter what I do.
    Another observation is that the Frame compensation is increasing from 0.200 to 2.500 for a second. And I have 24 Video continuity errors over 11 minutes. Sounds correct and matches the freezes I am seeing while watching live TV.

hassegubben

Portal Pro
    November 25, 2006
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Did you suffer from stuttering as well? I have tried all versions of the Terratec H7 drivers. They all stutter. But only in MP. Not in Terratec home cinema.

pnyberg

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Have you considered running MP on Vista or W7?
    I know I had stutter with XP (DVB-T and only SVT HD), but when installed on Vista the stutters was gone...

hassegubben

Portal Pro
    November 25, 2006
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    No. With two clients and a server that would cost me almost 5000skr (500 Euro) for three licenses. It is way too expensive to solving my problem. I know for a fact that the tuner and driver works on XP with Terratec homecinema. If I could, I would install Terratec homecinema alongside MP and try to open it from within MP as an external application(just to get some use of the tuner). I have made two such attempts and both times my PC crashed hard during the installation of Homecinema. I had to use System Restore to get it working again. Why Homecinema cannot coexist with MP perhaps a developer could answer to?

CrashUK

Portal Pro
    July 24, 2008
    I have had this stuttering too.. I found if I dont install any plugin I dont get any stuttering. But if I install a plug that causes stuttering and uninstall it I still get stuttering.. I found that newer version of moving picturea and any plugin installed with MediaPortal Extension Installer will give me stuttering. The only work around I found is install old version of moving pictures with MP-TVSeries.

hassegubben

Portal Pro
    November 25, 2006
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I give up. I will use the Terratec H7 with HomeCinema on another PC without MP. I ordered a KNC1 with CI yesterday for MP. Hope that works better. Thank you for all suggestions. Sad that none of them worked. If an owner of a Terratec H7 DVB-C gets it to work, please feel free to share the details in this thread.

LiviHam

Portal Member
    July 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Did some more experimentation today to try and clear up the micro-stutter problem (previous permutations of codecs & renderer had failed to fix the problem).

Clean install of 1.1.0 final, server / multi-client arrangement. Stutter present 1 to 2 times per minute on both live & recorded TV (DVB-T & DVB-C). Found that TV recorded by MP server played perfectly with VLC. Re-installed one client with 1.1.0 RC2 (my memory was that this had been OK) and found that the stutter was still present. Re-installed one client with 1.1.0 RC1 and found that this eliminated the stutter.

I noticed that TsReader.ax changed between RC1 and RC2 and again somewhere up to the final release. On a 1.1.0 final client, I replaced TsReader.ax with the RC1 version and found that it resolved the stutter problem. I confirmed that this fixed the stutter problem on a couple of clients, i.e. 1.1.0 build with RC1 TsReader.ax. I also confirmed that the RC2 TsReader.ax seems to be where the stutter was introduced.

Hope this might shed some light on the problem. I could post some logs, if someone could focus my attention on what to capture...

Regards, LiviHam

torbjorns

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Did some more experimentation today to try and clear up the micro-stutter problem (previous permutations of codecs & renderer had failed to fix the problem).

Clean install of 1.1.0 final, server / multi-client arrangement. Stutter present 1 to 2 times per minute on both live & recorded TV (DVB-T & DVB-C). Found that TV recorded by MP server played perfectly with VLC. Re-installed one client with 1.1.0 RC2 (my memory was that this had been OK) and found that the stutter was still present. Re-installed one client with 1.1.0 RC1 and found that this eliminated the stutter.

I noticed that TsReader.ax changed between RC1 and RC2 and again somewhere up to the final release. On a 1.1.0 final client, I replaced TsReader.ax with the RC1 version and found that it resolved the stutter problem. I confirmed that this fixed the stutter problem on a couple of clients, i.e. 1.1.0 build with RC1 TsReader.ax. I also confirmed that the RC2 TsReader.ax seems to be where the stutter was introduced.

Hope this might shed some light on the problem. I could post some logs, if someone could focus my attention on what to capture...

Regards, LiviHam

Can you upload the TsReader.ax RC1 version? Im keen to try that too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom