[confirm] Continous glitches in LiveTV (both SD & HD) (1 Viewer)

kkendall

Portal Pro
April 24, 2007
Gouda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Can you upload the TsReader.ax RC1 version? Im keen to try that too...

Yeah, me too! Maybe that also fixes my channels that don't tune anymore (but do tune in other software) since 2 or 3 RCs back.
Can I find older versions of MP to install somewhere on the site?

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    THanks! I'll play around with these different tsreader.ax files.
    Can I just copy these version over the existing tsreader.ax? (after backing it up first)

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    [*]Do you have glitches in live TV if you pause for some time (say 30sec to 1min) and then unpause? (do not skip to end of buffer)

Hi Arion,

I have this issue on MP 1.1 Final (and had with RC3-RC6). Some channels have continuous stutter (shif+1, framerate drops to ca. 37/sec from 50, white stripe stutters and there are deep drops of the red line every second). Pausing for a few seconds resolves the problem (50 Hz framerate, smooth playback).

Is there a help? It looks like you know the problem.

my specs: see UserProfile, Win7 32bit, ATi HD3200 onboard, AMD Phenom 8450, Catalyst 10.6, MePo 1.1, Cyberlink PDVD 7.0 codecs (MPG2 and h.264 with DXVA), ffdshow audio codec, EVR renderer, Technisat Skystar HD2 DVB-S2, PAL environment with clean 50Hz setup

EDIT: solution found: this is embarassing for me but the problem was my antivirus prog. I forgot to add the scan exception for the timeshift folder.... Interesting was that this stutter occured only with h.264 coded, Conax encrypted (smartcard+CAM) SD material, not with FTA channels. Now it is gone.

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    THanks! I'll play around with these different tsreader.ax files.
    Can I just copy these version over the existing tsreader.ax? (after backing it up first)
    Yes you can just copy over existing tsreader.ax, just make sure MediaPortal is not running.

[*]Do you have glitches in live TV if you pause for some time (say 30sec to 1min) and then unpause? (do not skip to end of buffer)
    I have this issue on MP 1.1 Final (and had with RC3-RC6). Some channels have continuous stutter (shif+1, framerate drops to ca. 37/sec from 50, white stripe stutters and there are deep drops of the red line every second). Pausing for a few seconds resolves the problem (50 Hz framerate, smooth playback).

Is there a help? It looks like you know the problem.

If pausing helps, it is most probable that the system clock is running a bit fast, so TsReader runs out of data. This can be because tuner provides 50 fps but display requests more than 50fps - e.g. 50.01 fps. Normally the currently displayed frame is 1-2 sec behind the currently transmitted one. But if there is a slight fps mismatch, slowly this small delay is eliminated and soon you run out of data and have to constantly wait for new frames. I remember that tsreader would pause for 1 sec when it detected this situation and then automatically resume after enough data was present, but I do not know if this has been removed because it was equally bad.

Unfortunately I do not have a solution.:(

LiviHam

Portal Member
    July 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Hi Arion,
    I just tested the various revisions of TsReader.ax and found that 25138 was the last good revision for me. The stutter appears to have been introduced at 25147.

Regards, LiviHam

dale77

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2009
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Arion,
    I just tested the various revisions of TsReader.ax and found that 25138 was the last good revision for me. The stutter appears to have been introduced at 25147.

Regards, LiviHam

Hi,

how does your system time look? Is it accurate?

Dale

LiviHam

Portal Member
    July 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Hi Arion,

Regards, LiviHam

Hi,

how does your system time look? Is it accurate?

Dale

Hi Dale,

System time looks OK on Server, HTPC and desktop...

Regards, LiviHam

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Hi Arion,

Regards, LiviHam

Then you are actually seeing the results of pausing because not enough data is available. Each time there is less than 100ms of video or audio, TsReader pauses for 200ms. IIRC this was necessary for ProSieben.Sat.1

Please post logs using both 25138 and latest TsReader to confirm.

LiviHam

Portal Member
    July 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Hi Arion,

Regards, LiviHam

Then you are actually seeing the results of pausing because not enough data is available. Each time there is less than 100ms of video or audio, TsReader pauses for 200ms. IIRC this was necessary for ProSieben.Sat.1

Please post logs using both 25138 and latest TsReader to confirm.

Thanks Arion, Please see logs attached - apologies, missed the "latest TsReader" and saved 25147 instead...

Regards, LiviHam

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom