CoolReciver remote plugin for Leadtek TV tuners (1 Viewer)

thorcyar

Portal Member
January 15, 2009
Hello boys

do you have any idea how to solve my problem ? I have a winfast dtv1000s, which does NOT have a FM tuner ... so the WFFM icon is greyed in the leadtek launcher and un-launchable .... that makes the mediaportal launcher quite diffucult tu use ...

Do you now of any reg key, ini file, that could unblock my wffm icon ?

Attachments

• wffm.jpg
    wffm.jpg
    32.9 KB

tatch76

Portal Member
January 23, 2009
Home Country
Remote seems 90% there - I have the Y04G0044 on a just purchased DTS 1000 S..

Issue I'm having is that I cannot seem to capture any of the codes in the log files to make the changes required. Biggest problem is Channel + / Channel - buttons don't work. I can program these functions into the blue/yellow buttons with no issues.

Either I'm not looking in the right place in the log files, I'm doing something wrong, or this process no longer works - but appreciate some assistance!

Thanks!

rale_ts

Portal Member
January 31, 2007
Home Country
Serbia Serbia
Some questions

Hi Seba.Your plug in working great for me.But I was wondering if there is a way to turn off/on monitor with him in MediaPortal, that function means a lot to me.
And one more question, how to know code for settings option key pressed, for example I need code for Enter key.
:D

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi Seba,

I can't start MP with my DTV 1800H's remote. When I press TV button, the leadtek launcher starts but I can't send an enter command or use any button to start MP. All button work inside the MP (the enter/ok button too)!

Is there any idea?

thx

kusic

March 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Dtv1800h

Hello Seba,
    I am new in MP and I am using Leadtek Winfast DTV1800H.
    It has come with Y04G0051 remote control (it is the black one). I have created my own definition file and it worked great. I can use nearly all buttons.
    I really appreciate your plugin!

But as I have read before here the POWER button is the problem. It wakes up the PC perfectly. I like that, but whenever you use POWER button in MP, your plugin stops working - than MP must be restarted.
    I know it is not your problem - this button is somehow treated diferently in Leadtek's remote control software, but are you at least able to block this button in MP or change it to let this button to hibernate PC?

I know you don't have this remote nor TV card but I would like to help you testing or so.
    Thanks a lot Jan.

kheldar

Portal Member
    December 11, 2005
    Bendigo Australia
    Adding in extra remotes

Great plugin, however i've found that the left & right buttons have been backwards but thats an easy fix

I've got a Y04G0051 remote - very simmilar to the one on the previous page

and i've made up an xml file for it, how do I get Coolreciver to pickup the new remote type? it doesn't show up in the list

at the moment to test it I've overwritten the data in default but it'd be nicer if it showed up as a new remote since I have several different remotes

Attachments

• CoolReciver_Y04G0051.xml
      30.7 KB

kheldar

Portal Member
    December 11, 2005
    Bendigo Australia
    i've got one button that doesn't show up - TV

in the debug mode it doesn't even recognise that i've pressed the button - therefor it's not in either file I've attached - dunno why but just letting you know

seba

Portal Pro
    March 22, 2006
    Belgrade
    Home Country
    Serbia Serbia
    thorcyar
    I don't know if there is any fix to enable fm icon but I will make launcher for tv and mp as there is for radio and mp.

tatch76
    If you are using Y04G0044 xml file then the buttons that work are all that you can get to work. Power, TV/DVD/FM buttons don;t work as craigparris1 said, but he has DTV1000S and it may be that some of the buttons beside those don't work with your card. You can check codes for remote key in the registry check this article at the bottom of the page You will find how to do it.

rale_ts
    You can map media portal functions to the remote buttons (check out install instructions at coolreciver.sf.net, for codes check tatch76's answer.

regeszter
    I'm afraid that without actual hardware I can only guess (donations anyone :) ). Apparently some newer remotes don't behave the same way as my old one, only way for me to fix ti, is to know what wfwiz is sending to the launcher app. To find that out you can use Winspector - Ultimate Windows Message Spy (it is free) if you don't have MS Spy++ that comes with Visual Studio.

kusic
    You can change events that are assigned to the buttons (mapping button in the setup) and you can clear events as well. What actually happens when you press power is that, probably, wfwiz starts standby procedure instead of mp, since I don't use standby or hibernation I didn't test this much, but I'll see what happens. Also I remember that there is some plugin that fixes some of the mp issues when returning from standby, search forum for it.

kheldar
    Thaks for help I will include your xml file in the next release, and also add auto detection for the coolreciver_XXX.xml files :)

Seba

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom