CoreAVC 3.01 (1 Viewer)

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Shouldnt a BIOS reflash fix this issue? Usually the rom got ereased during that. Only had a short look at the article, so might ne wrong.
    If you reflash it from DOS, then yes. It should.

do not forget to only use a dos bootable floppy with WRITE PROTECTION ON..

if you use usb formatted dos stick .. the media will be infected on boot aswell .. and you will be flashing it again with the virus..

:D

Songok

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Hi all,

I did alot of testing with the latest coreavc 3.01 with x264 .mkv's and x264 DVB-T 1080i streams on 1.2

The channel changes were slow with coreavc and haali splitter and my ion 330 system could just about decode the 1080i streams with frame doubling. There was alot of dropped frames. Playback of 1080p x264 .mkv's was fine even with massive bitrate spikes.

I switched to lav cuvid splitter and decoder and am delighted with the results. Channel changes from my peak dual DVB-T tuner(in remote server) were much faster and the decoder must use the cuvid engine more efficiently because no more frame drops and the image is much smother than when using bob deinterlacing with coreavc.

I wont ever pay for coreavc again.

BetaBoy

December 8, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi all,

I did alot of testing with the latest coreavc 3.01 with x264 .mkv's and x264 DVB-T 1080i streams on 1.2
    Something is wrong with your setup then... Same system, content, etc. and CoreAVC 3.0.1 works great with no noticeable slowdown.

Can you be more specific ds chain, renderer, etc. Noting however we have also made some changes for 3.02 that might have an effect for both MP and DVBViewer users.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi all,

Something is wrong with your setup then... Same system, content, etc. and CoreAVC 3.0.1 works great with no noticeable slowdown.
    I would not say that something is wrong with his setup.
    It is possible that coreavc simply has troubles with his hardware(revision and drives can make a big difference) and/or videostreams/files.

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Would be very good for MP to know if the changes done by dshowhelper with those issues. The changes might be part of 1.3.0 if testresults are good.
    Testing is very easy because it is limited to one binary. :)

Well if theres a good reason, then sure :) Which one of his dlls should I test? Guess I need to re-enable MS codecs too and see what the original problem was

1. rename your dshowhelper.dll inside the MP dir to dshowhelper.bak
    2. download the file from Owlsroost https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/749721-post1124.html or v092
    3. use the codecs you had the issue with last time

OK I take it all back! 1.2 Must be a big improvement over 1.1.3 for these HD channels.

In 1.1.3 I had to use CoreAVC, but to test the dshowhelper I first reverted to MS Codecs to remind myself what the problem was... and then I saw that in 1.2 wit MS codecs (and no test dshowhelper) the channels play perfectly. They are smoother and more perfect that CoreAVC! YEY!

Going to try the dshowhelper and see if it gets any better!

--- UPDATE ----

OK the test dshowhelper seemed worse (the red/green/yellow lines were a more wobbly! :) )

Going to keep the MS codec on for a while, see how it handles things if i get bad signal!.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    OK the test dshowhelper seemed worse (the red/green/yellow lines were a more wobbly! :) )

More wobbly is expected :) See the thread for more information. Please post a screenshot in the dshowhelper thread and tony or I can tell if it is to be expected or if it is some issue.

Users who are viewing this thread