Corrupt EPG after addition of Freeview HD (3 Viewers)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Could it be decoding twice? That is, freesat EPG needs decoding, and freeview HD EPG needs decoding. What if it is already decoded for freesat and this patch means that it is 'decoded' again?

Just guessing here, since I can't see what the change was in SVN for freesat EPG.

Mark

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Hi DJBlu,

I have done a little digging, and I see that your original freesat EPG patch contains

Code:
                         if (descriptor_tag ==0x4d)
                         {
                             //                    LogDebug("epg:     short event descriptor:0x%x len:%d start:%d",descriptor_tag,descriptor_len,start+off);
    -                        DecodeShortEventDescriptor( &buf[start+off],epgEvent);
    +                        DecodeShortEventDescriptor(&buf[start+off],epgEvent,PID);
                         }
                         else if (descriptor_tag ==0x54)
                         {
    @@ -407,7 +497,7 @@
                         if (descriptor_tag ==0x4d)
                         {
                             //                    LogDebug("epg:     short event descriptor:0x%x len:%d start:%d",descriptor_tag,descriptor_len,start+off);
    -                        DecodeShortEventDescriptor( &buf[start+off],epgEvent);
    +                        DecodeShortEventDescriptor( &buf[start+off],epgEvent,0); // Added for Freesat EPG will not affect it.
                         }
                         else if (descriptor_tag ==0x54)
                         {
    @@ -686,7 +776,7 @@
         }

and the DVB-T2 patch then changes

Code:
    DecodeShortEventDescriptor(&buf[start+off],epgEvent,PID);

in HRESULT CEpgDecoder::DecodeEPG(byte* buf,int len,int PID)

to

Code:
    DecodeShortEventDescriptor(&buf[start+off],epgEvent, lNetworkId);

I don't actually know what 0x4d refers to, so I don't really understand what is going on.

Any ideas? We really need more than one user with freesat to observe the problem (or not be able to reproduce it). Do you have freesat?

Thanks,

Mark

Branksome

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2012
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    You are the only person reporting a problem, although it may be that no-one else with the same setup is testing.

Oh dear! No pressure then. I am now worrying if this was some kind of fluke that I might not be able to repeat. So I will need to test it again by reloading the patch (but unlikely before the weekend). Currently the epg is fine without the patch and only grabbing the epg from the S2 card

Tom

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    You are the only person reporting a problem, although it may be that no-one else with the same setup is testing.

Oh dear! No pressure then. I am now worrying if this was some kind of fluke that I might not be able to repeat. So I will need to test it again by reloading the patch (but unlikely before the weekend). Currently the epg is fine without the patch and only grabbing the epg from the S2 card

Tom

Having looked at the code, I am starting to think you are probably right on this one, but we really need DJBlu to comment.

It should be possible to add logging to the TsWriter code (it is there, but commented out - unfortunately adding logging can cause timing issues, so it is not straightforward).

Mark

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    I need log files to see as I can't replicate the problem.

Thanks.

So you have DVB-S2 freesat and it works fine? That is good to know. Clearly this isn't a general problem then.

Mark

Which channel are you selecting to grab the Freesat Data?

You need to ensure you are using Freesat Info found on the 11426 Horizontal transponder.

Also if you are getting corrupt Channel Names then this is normally due to poor signal.

You say it improves when you disable one of the cards?

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Hi,

I don't have freesat, so I was just trying to confirm that the TsWriter.ax with the DVB-T2 EPG fix was still working for someone with freesat.

We'll just have to wait for Branksome to confirm.

Branksome

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2012
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    Which channel are you selecting to grab the Freesat Date?

You need to ensure you are using Freesat Info found on the 11426 Horizontal transponder.

Yes, and Radio Caroline. There is no problem without the fix and satelilite quality is good. The quality is not always good currently on the terrestrial cards because of current atmospheric conditions allowing cross channel interference at times. There is really nothing that can be done about that here

I suggest we wait until I have an oportunity to repeat the test with the fix hopefully over the weekend
    Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom