Corrupt EPG after addition of Freeview HD (1 Viewer)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    When you test, make sure you stop the TV server, then unregister the TsWriter.ax that you have, then remove it (I generally just move it to the desktop) and copy the new one in and register it. If you get any errors, stop and reboot.

When you test, click on 'refresh DVB EPG' and wait until it is sorted.

If you try exactly the same steps with the standard and 'fixed' TsWriter.ax and get different results from them, I think we would be able to rule out signal issues.

Since 1.2.3 has a number of TsWriter.ax fixes, if there is a problem we may have a different new one for you to test.

Best wishes,

Mark

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    If you try exactly the same steps with the standard and 'fixed' TsWriter.ax and get different results from them, I think we would be able to rule out signal issues.

Unless the signal issue is happening on random basis - like weather, cars driving past the house, some electricity issues in the house wiring... So the test should preferably be done multiple times with the both TsWriter versions.

Branksome

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2012
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    OK, I have put the fix back in (following the procedure) and refreshed the epg from the S2 card only using Freesat info and Radio Carloline boxes ticked

The result is a corrupt epg. I have to say I am a bit relieved that I was able to replicate the situation. I attach 2 pics as a result of using the Win7 snipping tool.

I am now going to take out the fix and restore the old TSWriter file because I need a working system

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
      Capture.PNG
      786.6 KB
    • Capture2.PNG
      Capture2.PNG
      863.3 KB

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    OK, I have put the fix back in (following the procedure) and refreshed the epg from the S2 card only using Freesat info and Radio Carloline boxes ticked

The result is a corrupt epg. I have to say I am a bit relieved that I was able to replicate the situation. I attach 2 pics as a result of using the Win7 snipping tool.

I am now going to take out the fix and restore the old TSWriter file because I need a working system

Could you please provide logs so that we can have a chance of fixing this? Logs with the old one, where it works, and the new one, where it doesn't, would be good.

Thanks,

Mark

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Just to emphasise what Mark said - we really, really need the full sets of logs to stand any chance of fixing this :)

Tony

Branksome

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2012
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    Just to emphasise what Mark said - we really, really need the full sets of logs to stand any chance of fixing this

When you say 'full set of logs'. what logs are there other than that labelled "TSWriter -date"?

By the way, what is so special about Freesat. Surely this fix (unless the problem is unique to me) would affect anyone with a Sat card, Cable card or non-freeview terrestrial card?

Tom

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

I think, take the one from :
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\log and ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\log
    Thanks.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    By the way, what is so special about Freesat. Surely this fix (unless the problem is unique to me) would affect anyone with a Sat card, Cable card or non-freeview terrestrial card?

Simply, we don't know. Plenty of people with satellite and cable cards have no problem. You are the only one who has reported a problem. However, this could be because you are the only one testing with freesat.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Just to emphasise what Mark said - we really, really need the full sets of logs to stand any chance of fixing this

When you say 'full set of logs'. what logs are there other than that labelled "TSWriter -date"?

Tom

Everything in 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\log' (and ideally a 'working' set and a 'non-working' set).

Tony

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    DVB is a standard across terrestrial (DVB-T), cable (DVB-C) and satellite (DVB-S). The EPG stuff is in theory the same across multiple platforms.

Freesat and Freeview HD however compress their EPG data using Huffman tables (without using the correct decompression you get hieroglyphics in your EPG data). AIUI the fix of Freeview HD has basically extended the code that was already there for Freesat. This is why a fix for Freeview HD EPG could cause and issue with Freesat EPG and why we want to get it as fully tested as possible

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom