Corrupt EPG after addition of Freeview HD (1 Viewer)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Looking at the code, if this is failing (and it does seem to be failing for Branksome), we have

Code:
    bool CEpgDecoder::CanDecodeNetwork(int NetworkID)
    {
    if(NetworkID == 9018 || NetworkID == 59)
    {
    return true;
    }
    return false;
    ]

Can we find out from the existing logs what network ID is being reported for Branksome?

A google search is telling me that 59 is for freesat and 9018 is for freeview. Is this across the whole UK? I guess since this is from a satellite, it will be. Can we be sure what satellite Branksome is pointing his dish at?

Mark

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Hi,

I have gone through the entire thread again, and I think there is an assumption in here that might not be correct.

Branksome - what satellite provider are you using, freesat or something else?

I think the original mention of freesat came from me.

Maybe we need to take a step back from this. Perhaps the problem is that it is now trying to decode when it cannot.

Either way, there is only one person who can help us resolve this, and that is Branksome. Let's have full information, including

where in the UK are you?
    what TV cards do you have?
    what providers are you using?
    full logs, collected by running 'MediaPortal debug mode' from the Windows menu and selecting option 3 - export all currently present logs (after grabbing EPG from whichever source).

Make sure channels are not linked for at least one test - I suggested at the start that this might be a factor.

We really want to make sure that there isn't a problem with MediaPortal, and if it is a configuration error we want to solve it for you.

Mark

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    If anyone is feeling really brave, attached is a TsWriter version to try, with an attempt to merge the original PID-based detection (for Freesat) with the new NetworkID-based detection (for FreeviewHD).

Tony

Attachments

• TsWriter_FreesatEPGbyPID_1.zip
      115.4 KB

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    If anyone is feeling really brave, attached is a TsWriter version to try, with an attempt to merge the original PID-based detection (for Freesat) with the new NetworkID-based detection (for FreeviewHD).

Tony

I'll give this a go, since we might need to include this if there is a problem.

Could you also post the patch, just for interest?

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country

Tony

Attached are the two modified source files (base was the 'pre-release_1.2.3_testing' branch code) - Tortoise Git doesn't seem to want to create a patch file without committing the changes first.....

Tony

Attachments

• TsWriter_FreesatEPGbyPID_1_source.zip
      10.4 KB
    • 0001-TsWriter_FreesatEPGbyPID_1.patch
      105.7 KB

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country

Attached are the two modified source files (base was the 'pre-release_1.2.3_testing' branch code) - Tortoise Git doesn't seem to want to create a patch file without committing the changes first.....

Looks like a very sensible and safe fix. Ideally, the original code should have returned 'true' but

Code:
    bool CEpgDecoder::CanDecodeNetworkOrPID(int NetworkID, int PID)
    {
        if(NetworkID == 9018 || NetworkID == 59 || PID==PID_FREESAT_EPG || PID==PID_FREESAT2_EPG)
        {
            return true;
        }
        return false;
    }

should catch all eventualities.

I have to wait an hour or so for a scheduled recording, but then I will try this with DVB-T2.

Mark

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    That was the idea :) - my suspicion is that (for whatever reason) it's not treating the Freesat EPG data as being Huffman encoded in Bransome's setup.

Tony

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

You could commit the changes localy + create patch and then reset the local repo one commit back.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Just tried it - EPG grabbing on Freeview+FreeviewHD is working OK for me.

Branksome - could you give the 'FreesatEPGbyPID_1' TsWriter.ax a try please (attached above), as you seem to be one of the few people using both Freesat and Freeview ?

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom