Crashes at recorded TV playback (1 Viewer)

hairlesshobo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2012
    Jacksonville, FL
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    OK, I can confirm that I just experienced this issue as well. This only occurred for Analog recordings and only sometimes, at others it worked perfectly fine. Just like the original author, for any files that failed, they would never fail. Instead they would immediately crash. The faulting module was MediaInfo.dll. As suggested, I downloaded the latest version of MediaInfo.dll (0.7.59 32bit) and placed it in the MediaPortal root directory. This did indeed resolve the issue and I was able to access those problematic files.

I am telling you this because I wanted to confirm what version does fix the problem, and was also curious if this is something that is planned to go into the MP 1.3 release.

Hope this helps in some way!

Steve

kkozma

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2009
    Dayton, OH
    Home Country
    If anyone runs across this now the newest version of MediaInfo 0.7.61 does not appear to be compatible. I was able to find the older 0.7.59 version and that works as discussed

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If anyone runs across this now the newest version of MediaInfo 0.7.61 does not appear to be compatible. I was able to find the older 0.7.59 version and that works as discussed

What do you mean with compatible?

kkozma

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2009
    Dayton, OH
    Home Country
    It causes MediaPortal to crash. My files played, but MP crashed in the background. When I installed the 0.7.59 version it worked fine.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you! :)
    I see you are using MP 1.2.3.
    Would be nice if you can test with MP 1.3.0 Alpha or the upcoming MP 1.3.0 BETA. We did internal tests with MediaInfo v0.7.61 (on MP 1.3.0 BETA GIT) and no team member could reproduce this. Although we noticed some issues with MediaInfo v0.7.60.

ccna55

Portal Member
    June 16, 2009
    Home Country
    I too was having the issue with MediaPortal 1.2.3 it would work perfect if i manually recorded however with a scheduled recording it would start the recording then crash the TV server after 1-3 mins or less, not sure why this started in the last last few weeks at least that's when i noticed it, as this has been installed for 1+years and recording without issue.
    I have replaced the MediaInfo.dll (Ver 7.53.0) with new version ( Ver 7.63.0) and so far scheduled recording are working again.
    I will try a few more to be 100% sure as i have only tested it twice so far.
    Downloaded the DLL from here.
    http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en/Download/Windows

Update:
    I can now confirm that i have test 4 recordings and no tv-server crashes

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom