Crashes at recorded TV playback (1 Viewer)

adagio

Portal Pro
April 5, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I just found this thread. I have been having a similar problem with playing back some recordings recently with 1.2.3. VLC will play them just fine. I just took your advice and replaced the mediainfo.dll with the latest and lo and behold, I can now play the 'bad' recordings.

craigbeat

Portal Member
May 15, 2007
Just a quick note to say I have exactly the same issue. It doesn't happen every time, and sometimes restating MP and playing the same file fixes the issue.

adagio

Portal Pro
April 5, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Mine was consistent. If the file didn't play, it never played. Did you try updating with a new medaiinfo.dll?

craigbeat

Portal Member
May 15, 2007
I made some recordings last night. On playing some this morning, the same issue happened. I then downloaded the mediainfo.dll file and stuck it in the MediaPortal directory. All the other new recordings worked perfectly.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Right, so you have the problem with the MediaInfo included with MP 1.2.3 ? Could you confirm what version number that is?

Could you also confirm the version number that fixes this? Then we might be able to do something about it for the next release.

Mark

me06

Portal Member
    April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    I have the same problem - everything was working fine in 1.2.2. Upgraded today to 1.2.3 and now when I go into recorded TV it freezes.
    Changed the dll as discussed in this thread and also disabled the thumbnails. No improvement.

In case there is a correlation I also installed SAF v6 today.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    *bump*
    @elliottmc: was this followed up? Do we have a new MediaInfo that works in MP 1.3.x?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom