Crashes on BasicHome screen (1 Viewer)

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    @kkozma: well, consider youself lucky. With 1.0 or a SVN this bug occours randomly, sometimes after 5 days, sometimes after 5 mins. So I am using the normal home for the time being.

and only with certain skins.
    See the Mantis task for full details.

kkozma

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2009
    Dayton, OH
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Yeah I know that. I tried going in and out of plugin's about 20-30 times last night and mine never crashed once. That's why I asked what kind of graphics hardware people are using. I suppose it also might be OS specific too. I see on the bug tracker that the OS the bug was confirmed under was Vista. I'm not saying there isn't a bug, but what I'm thinking is that certain combinations of hardware and software may have more trouble dealing with overflow errors and such.

Since mine does not exhibt this behavior, I'll list my specs.

MP1.0
    StreamedMP (can't remember which version, but I installed the last version before the current one)
    ATI Radeon 2600 w/ Catalyst 8.5
    XP Pro SP3

I do notice that after a while the animations get pretty choppy and jerky, but I don't think thats related to this bug because it remains even if I exit and restart MP. Only a system reboot will repair that issue.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I see on the bug tracker that the OS the bug was confirmed under was Vista. I'm not saying there isn't a bug, but what I'm thinking is that certain combinations of hardware and software may have more trouble dealing with overflow errors and such.

The bug itself should be reproducible on every system (by using certain skins). There is a bug in the MP focus handling...

buddman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2008
    TX
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    omg...someone actually resolved it? If true, then I can't wait to install the next SVN and test. :D

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    omg...someone actually resolved it? If true, then I can't wait to install the next SVN and test. :D

Where did you see indications on someone actualle resolving it?!

I can reproduce the bug on 3 different sets of hardware under both Win XP and Vista. So...not hardware dependant in my view.

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! :D

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Yes - we found it. The crash happened when MP had to manage more than 1000 control conditions.
    MisterD fixed it by increasing the hardcoded value (old xmbc code) and making sure that "known" objects are reused.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom