Crashes on BasicHome screen (2 Viewers)

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I'm now using streamedMP with myhome.xml instead of basichome.xml and never had a crash since then.

I've modified the skin slightly so that the menu is on the left and not centered and am now really satisfied with this great skin.

:D to all the developers!

naich

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi revs!

In the meantime, after some testing, I'm sure this error is related to streamed MP.

Did you ever post a bug report (in streamed mP thread here or on the source code site)? Maybe the streamed MP team will fix this error?

Cu

rpleasan

Portal Member
    January 3, 2009
    I'm now using streamedMP with myhome.xml instead of basichome.xml and never had a crash since then.

I've modified the skin slightly so that the menu is on the left and not centered and am now really satisfied with this great skin.

Hey, how can I change the myhome.xml file to shift the menu to the left?

thx
    ~r

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Hey, how can I change the myhome.xml file to shift the menu to the left?

thx
    ~r

I've posted it in the mods thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/streamedmp-301/streamed-mp-community-mods-bug-fixes-49484/index10.html#post353827

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    It has been reported to the StreamedMP devs. but unfortunately there aren't many details in the logs. so the community will need to help!

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Don't suppose it would be easy to use Pilehave's BasicHome with StreamedMP?

It should be possible to do that. The MediaStream plugin will load all window-plugins to select from.

If you need more info please post back :)

Snader

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 5, 2007
    Aalsmeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It has been reported to the StreamedMP devs. but unfortunately there aren't many details in the logs. so the community will need to help!
    When using MP for a while (starting/stopping TV, movies, browsing in my movies list), I sometimes get wierd behaviour. For instance: Movingpictures isn't showing everything, only the background and this filmlist. Probably this has something to do with a memoryleak. Always AFTER this behaviour, when getting back to basichome, it crashes. It does show the basichome page, but when the WATCH word wants to appear above TV, it crashes saying: Mediaportal not responding. After restarting MP it works fine again... for a while.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    When using MP for a while (starting/stopping TV, movies, browsing in my movies list), I sometimes get wierd behaviour. For instance: Movingpictures isn't showing everything, only the background and this filmlist. Probably this has something to do with a memoryleak. Always AFTER this behaviour, when getting back to basichome, it crashes. It does show the basichome page, but when the WATCH word wants to appear above TV, it crashes saying: Mediaportal not responding. After restarting MP it works fine again... for a while.

I have had what I think is a similar issue for a long time now.

Take a look at https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/1-0-rc4-svn-builds-298/control-focus-unstable-since-rc4-49559/

Does it look like your problem?

I think a memory-leak is to blame (or perhaps inefficient/buggy texture-diposal).

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    A similar problem was once known as the "NV 6150" issue. Some weak onboard gfx suffered from GUI freeze e.g. in PlayingNow when skins like monochrome used that "fake analyzer" animation. However after making sure that _all_ other images on this screen are set in a threadsafe manner it didn't occur again.

So if it appears on your basic home screen we should find out which plugin loads/changes which pictures here (I don't guess that animation handling itself is 100% bug free but let us assume it for now).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom