rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    First result:
    The crash is happening due to a stack overflow exception in GUIGroup.cs: GetFocusControlId()
    Obviously the children aren't handled nicely.

Good news is that the issue is not related texture management, phew... cannot be as bad as it would have been. Are there any recursive calls on that are that could cause easialy the stack overflow?

There are at least two places with recursive calls that would stall MP. The focus handling however is that complex that we have to wait for someone who worked on that for a safe fix. At the moment it looks like these skins have a bad focus handling where control groups (their members) rival to get the focus. Maybe some animations cause invalid focus changing. I don't know however if this can easily be prevented by MP's skinengine...

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I just hope the solution is here quick. I need a idiot proof system for all users. So for the time being, I can not use this supurb skin. :( :(

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I just hope the solution is here quick. I need a idiot proof system for all users. So for the time being, I can not use this supurb skin. :( :(

Are you implying that there are idiots in the household? :p

Well, this bug is the only thing holding me back from introducing the wife for the new HTPC...the window of opportunity must be kept open ;)

HenriM

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2004
    Rijsbergen, The Netherlands
    Any progress on this issue already because, like others, this is the main reason that this fantastic skin is not my default one yet. I really love the artwork and great details with this skin.

I don't have the described crash when I use the 'Black & White 1080' skin.

jacc1234

Portal Pro
    April 11, 2008
    Im stuck with the same issue, it happens about once a day. I still use the skin as my default because I know that this will be worked out. Its just a bit of an inconvenience. It always seems to happen whenever I decide to show off my HTPC to someone new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom