Custom Data Grabber including Sky UK Channel/EPG Grabber (2 Viewers)

DJBlu

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Llanelli
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hey @DJBlu

Sorry I know I sound like a stuck record, but it would be great if you where able to release the code for the plugins you developed (I really do appreciate that you spent quite some time developing these and I can say for those users that use them that MediaPortal would not be the same without them). I've got the issue of the free to air channels clogging up the database over time as they're duplicated on each scan and it would be good to try and fix this...

I guess I am respectfully requesting and understand if you don't.

Thanks,

Chris

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...3/?temp_hash=c20d25221415539c0d0d2a23bbd98732

That's the source code from 1.2.0.27. This is the latest version I can find as I've had my laptop hdd crash.

To change to NZ and mess with the code you'll need to change the pids etc in Settings class.

I will be unable to update this software for a while due to work commitments, and by a while I mean Nov time.

If someone wants to take this on and maybe clean the code up then you are welcome and it will be appreciated.

If anyone needs help with the code then email me @ djblu@djblu.plus.com

I can upload the Sky Italy code if required.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I really do appreciate this. The work you have done is phenomenal and there is certainly an appetite for users within this thread to keep the code updated as new releases happen. I hope that your work isn't over bearing, I know what that is like and look forward to you coming back in to the fold when you have more time :)

This code should hopefully assist the dev team with integrating similar style systems in the future.

Again, let me say thank you to all users for this effort and we promise to keep up your good work!

Chris

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    A tip.

Make sure you reference the dlls from the TV Server directory and MediaPortal directory otherwise it will not compile.

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yup, already done this :)

Question for you if you have the time. Sky NZ distributes title data in both EIT and OpenTV formats, I presume it would be possible to replace the 'Ontitlesectionrecieved' bit to deal with EIT rather than OpenTV? This would bring up all the box office data as it is unencrypted and sitting there for the standard epg grabber to use.

Also, is it possible to change the DBchannel.visibleinguide section of the code to not add anything to the guide that is greater than a range of value? I.e. I don't want anything above LCN 998 ticked or added to the groups?

Last edited:

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    Anything is possible. Just check in the UpdateAddChannels. If LCN>998 then DBChannel.visibleinguide = false.

The Ontitlesectionreceived is called for OpenTV. You would need to add something in the ParsePacket and add table_id 0x11. Also you need to add the Pid for the EIT data. EIT data is handled completely differently to OpenTV. Take a look at the source code of EPG Collector and you can see the differences.

mayoman

Portal Member
    December 10, 2013
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Hi

I am also having this error and this is during a clean reinstall.
    The channels load but no signal detected on any channel?
    Any help would be appreciated as I have now lost all tv viewing!

I've had this problem since day one, in my case it's almost certainly down to an iffy tuner card (I have had to increase the timeouts in the standard tuner settings to get it to tune reliably). It only seems to occur with new channels, normal EPG grabs or channel movemnt is not affected. Doing a standard tuner scan AFTER the initial scan by the custom data grabber works for me - it resets whatever is incorrect/missing.

Thecork

Portal Member
    May 6, 2012
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Hey guys have a quick question. Have recently added sky uk into my setup (was just using this with freesat before). Everything is working great apart from two annoying channels won't update, Sky Movies Modern Greats HD and SBO HD. Anybody got any ideas why or how I can force them to update, every single other channel is updating perfectly, really annoying me :)[DOUBLEPOST=1395481607][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Hi

I am also having this error and this is during a clean reinstall.
    The channels load but no signal detected on any channel?
    Any help would be appreciated as I have now lost all tv viewing!

I've had this problem since day one, in my case it's almost certainly down to an iffy tuner card (I have had to increase the timeouts in the standard tuner settings to get it to tune reliably). It only seems to occur with new channels, normal EPG grabs or channel movemnt is not affected. Doing a standard tuner scan AFTER the initial scan by the custom data grabber works for me - it resets whatever is incorrect/missing.

Will second this. Couldn't tune any channel on a fresh install just using the custom grabber to scan, had to do a full scan then allow the custom grabber to do its thing, then worked fine.

darkraid

Portal Member
    December 20, 2010
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey guys,

I thought I read somewhere about this plugin that there is a known issue with it scanning and inputting duplicate free-to-air channels? Is this true or am I doing something wrong?

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey Darkraid,

Yes this is an issue. There is something in the current plugin that is not linking correctly with the FTA stuff contained in the Sky links... Unfortunately as DJBlu had a hardware failure and lost the latest NZ code, I'm rebuilding the code from the base UK one that he posted earlier and will try to iron this issue, it could be that the providers change from Sky to the various FTA companies and it screws up the add/delete code... I will need testers for the NZ release when I've got it up to scratch :)

darkraid

Portal Member
    December 20, 2010
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey Benoire,

I'd be happy to test it out when it's ready. What language is the code in out of curiosity?

Also do you mind if I PM you to talk about setups further?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom