Custom Intro Suggestions?? (Play Intro movie before each movie) (1 Viewer)

landshark

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 23, 2008
    Silver Spring, MD
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    ok, now I can play the intro, but right after the intro finished Media Portal crashed before the moive starts......

PussyWagon

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2008
    I cant get this feature to work for me... :(
    Is there something else I need to setup apart from the location? Is there any True or False value to be changed?
    I have set the location propertly but nothing happens, its just playing the movie as before... no intro movies! :(

gshipley

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 17, 2008
    I tried this again tonight because a few people have been saying they could not get it to work. I played a christmas_intro.mpg file and it worked great for me.

for those of you having problems, can you try this intro out and let me know if its working?

http://www.tinstudio.com/downloadcontrol/dc.php?dcid=84074209

Okay, I played around with this a bit more tonight and I do think its a bug in the current version. When I changed intros from christmas.mpg to something different it would not play. Reverting back to Christmas.mpg did not solve the problem. So it appears that it can only play the first intro for whatever reason and when you try to switch, it breaks.

That being said, I did try it on .8 tonight and it played all 5 intros I threw at it. So, I am pretty sure its fixed for .8 but would like others who are running .8 verify that.

PussyWagon

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2008
    I tried this again tonight because a few people have been saying they could not get it to work. I played a christmas_intro.mpg file and it worked great for me.

for those of you having problems, can you try this intro out and let me know if its working?

http://www.tinstudio.com/downloadcontrol/dc.php?dcid=84074209

Okay, I played around with this a bit more tonight and I do think its a bug in the current version. When I changed intros from christmas.mpg to something different it would not play. Reverting back to Christmas.mpg did not solve the problem. So it appears that it can only play the first intro for whatever reason and when you try to switch, it breaks.

That being said, I did try it on .8 tonight and it played all 5 intros I threw at it. So, I am pretty sure its fixed for .8 but would like others who are running .8 verify that.

I tried Christmas.mpg on Moving Pictures 0.7.XX "something.." :p and it didn't work. It has never worked for me, not even to play once.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Nice feature

Will these intro's still work with the dynamic refresh rate changer?

Say I have NTSC 30fps intro and PAL 25fps movie

Option 1
    Inspect fps of Intro -> Switch to 60hz -> Play NTSC Intro -> Inspect fps of Movie -> Switch to 50hz -> Play PAL movie

Option 2
    Inspect fps of Movie -> Switch to 50hz -> Play NTSC Intro -> Play PAL movie

Option 1 suits me fine, bc my video card/display can change refresh rate without resetting, but some users there screen blanks out and flickers for a while, so option 2 would be better for them.

qwertzer

Portal Member
    February 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Nice feature

Will these intro's still work with the dynamic refresh rate changer?

Say I have NTSC 30fps intro and PAL 25fps movie

Option 1
    Inspect fps of Intro -> Switch to 60hz -> Play NTSC Intro -> Inspect fps of Movie -> Switch to 50hz -> Play PAL movie

Option 2
    Inspect fps of Movie -> Switch to 50hz -> Play NTSC Intro -> Play PAL movie

Option 1 suits me fine, bc my video card/display can change refresh rate without resetting, but some users there screen blanks out and flickers for a while, so option 2 would be better for them.

Good point.

I just read about this feature and never tried it, but that exact problem came to my mind.
    Id say Option 2 is far better. No idea how it works right now.

Cheers, and thanks for this cool feature. :)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    dynamic refresh rate changer is defintely the best feature introduced since MP1.0 Final
    I'm actually running a hacked mp1.0 final so i can use this feature (it's integrated into MP 1.0.2)

opeters

Portal Member
    July 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi gshipley,

I encounter the same issue using version 0.7.3.623. Were can I get hold of a newer build to test your fix?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom