Nicoolai

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 9, 2011
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi,
    Is it possible, to customize what ports it uses, without editing the source?
    I have checked Gentle.config, and I can of course set the DB port, in the connection string, but what about streaming and remotecontrol ports?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    For TV Server?
    You can certainly set the streaming port in TV Server configuration in the "streaming server" section. Just change the value from 554 to whatever you like, then restart the TV Service.
    I'm not sure if it is possible to change the TV Service remoting port without recompiling the code. You can try to change the port in SetupTv.exe.config and TvService.exe.config which are in the TV Server install folder:
    <system.runtime.remoting>
    <application>
    <channels>
    <channel ref="tcp server"
    port="31456"
    name="TvControl">
    <serverProviders>
    <formatter ref="binary" typeFilterLevel="Full" />
    </serverProviders>
    </channel>
    </channels>
    </application>
    </system.runtime.remoting>
    However I do not guarantee that it would have any effect.
    May I ask: why do you want to change these ports?

mm

Nicoolai

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 9, 2011
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I mean for MPTvClient, not the server.
    I am asking, because I need to work around some firewall restrictions.

redgee34

March 9, 2015
    Home Country
    Pakistan Pakistan
    What happens is when I change a channel the screen blanks like it is going to change channels, then the original channel comes in for a split second, then the screen flashes blue, and then the desired channel finally tunes in and is fine (minus some fuzziness but that is just my cable signal, maybe try post processing one I get rid of the blue screen).

Users who are viewing this thread