CybrDisplay External Status Plugin (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinnythetrue

Portal Member
September 11, 2008
Home Country
France France
What firmware of iMON do you have, and is it a VFD, as opposed to an LCD? My configuration and problem with the old drivers was very specific to the older VFD. Firmware versions definitely matter. You will notice I have switched from auto-detect to VFD in the advanced settings. That may not be appropriate for you.

Actually yes, we don't share the same hardware, my fault sorry. I'm having apparently an LCD2 (that's what cybr detects according to log files when set to "autodetect"). My firmware/drivers are pretty much same as yours I think ; iMon Manager ver 7.40.0806 (Thermaltake), Microprogramme IMON ver 0x380102 LCD HID OEM.

I'm really lost here, again my log files are really nice, mentionning "Display Open Returned: True" and such things. But never ever I get anything displayed coming from mediaportal.

One thing I noticed, after several hits on the "Test Display" and "Advanced" buttons, I get a red exclamation mark notifying me the plugin does not find an entry point in the "./SG_VFD.dll" (by the way, why mentioning apparently the dll packed with mediaportal as I did not configure the plugin to use it ?). That entry point is iMONLCD_SendData method.
I found things about a slightly different prototype for that method on the internet, taking a Int64* as parameter, so I tried to change that in the current svn head revision of cybr plugin. The problem remains exactly the same.

If anyone wants to help me further, I drop my log file (like I said, according to its content, the plugin seems to be working just fine, no cybr, imon or whatsoever message found in the error log).

Cybrdisplay kills frontview when MP starts, because only one of them can control the display at once.

what do you call "frontview" exactly ? For me it's a piece of hardware, so can't really be killed (except maybe through the window). I assume your talking about the iMon manager. If so, I don't see where the plugin kills it. Just to be sure I didn't miss something really important, I tried with the manager closed, without any better luck.

Smitty2k1

Portal Member
June 15, 2008
Illinois
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
what do you call "frontview" exactly ? For me it's a piece of hardware, so can't really be killed (except maybe through the window). I assume your talking about the iMon manager. If so, I don't see where the plugin kills it. Just to be sure I didn't miss something really important, I tried with the manager closed, without any better luck.

The iMON manager's display output is called "frontview" in my drivers I have the option of showing the news, weather, cpu usage, ram/hdd usage, weather etc. in "frontview mode" Basically frontview is what the iMON's default display is, and can be configured to work when Media Portal is closed. However I'm having some issues with the cyberdisplay myself right now.

If I set frontview to never, the LCD is blank when MP is not running. When the cyberdisplay plugin successfully starts running, the LCD lights up and works as is intended. Then when MP is closed the display goes blank again. I'm fine with this. However, sometimes (I haven't figured out a pattern as to WHEN) the display will stay blank even when MP is open. If I close and restart MP the display will continue to stay blank. If I reset the computer the display will continue to stay blank. HOWEVER, if I go into the iMON drivers and turn on front view the display will light up with the iMON frontview, if I then turn frontview to "never" again and open MP the screen will WORK! I wish it would just always work, but that's the great thing about MP/plugins, they just keep getting better!

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    However, sometimes (I haven't figured out a pattern as to WHEN) the display will stay blank even when MP is open. If I close and restart MP the display will continue to stay blank. If I reset the computer the display will continue to stay blank. HOWEVER, if I go into the iMON drivers and turn on front view the display will light up with the iMON frontview, if I then turn frontview to "never" again and open MP the screen will WORK! I wish it would just always work, but that's the great thing about MP/plugins, they just keep getting better!

Try using "restart iMON Manager after driver enable" in advanced config screen.

Simone

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Actually yes, we don't share the same hardware, my fault sorry. I'm having apparently an LCD2 (that's what cybr detects according to log files when set to "autodetect"). My firmware/drivers are pretty much same as yours I think ; iMon Manager ver 7.40.0806 (Thermaltake), Microprogramme IMON ver 0x380102 LCD HID OEM.

No your firmware is not the same. It can't be. You have an LCD.

If anyone wants to help me further, I drop my log file (like I said, according to its content, the plugin seems to be working just fine, no cybr, imon or whatsoever message found in the error log).

I'm not that familiar with the LCD displays, but I'll try. If you exit mediaportal and you enable frontview in IMON Manager, do you get any thing on the display from IMON? By default, it should display the date and time.

Try "force graphical text" option. I see this in the log:
    2008-10-11 01:25:43.799366 [Info.][CybrDisplay]: CybrDisplayPlugin.DisplayHandler.DrawImages(): No images to process

packstlauren

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

I just want to thanks all the persons who have contributed to this plugin. I'm now able to manage my Imon LCD provided with my new Antec Remote Max HTPC case.

I began to test the differents options proposed. The probleme is that i didn't find any documentation for tuning the Configuration Manager.

Does anybody know where i can find such documentation ?

Thanks in advance.

Pack

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    My Radio / CybrDisplay problem

Running MP RC3, there is an issue with the front panel display when switching to a different radio station if a Stop is not executed first.

If a station is playing and you then switch to a different station, the name of the station is not displayed on the front panel. It goes blank. If I press Stop first which stops the radio playing, then select another station to play, it displays the name of the station correctly.

I'm not sure if this is an issue with CybrDisplay or the My Radio plugin, but it is inconvenient, particular if the TV is off. I hope this can be fixed.

Regards,
    Ross.

elevation1

Portal Pro
    May 15, 2008
    Hello I have an Antec Veris Elite Multistation like soundgraph & Imon remote... i use mediaportal 1.0RC3... this plugin works but first to use remote as a keyboard are 20-30seconds... i have activate in advanced "force remote as keyboard" but only after 20-30seconds the remote works like a keyboard... please help me... sorry for my english... i'm italian... thanks ;)

vinnythetrue

Portal Member
    September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    EDIT : ok, I got it finally to work ! It was really completely stupid. The cybr plugin was using the SG_VFD.dll packed in mediaportal instead of the one from my imon install. Maybe some mix up with the path. Anyway, thanks to globaldonkey for your support, and obviously thanks to cybr and his cool plugin !

elevation1

Portal Pro
    May 15, 2008
    so can you help me? If i select imon manager on "always off" and cybrdisplay/advance on "force Antec/imon restart after drive start" and "force manager to use keyboard" it works BUT after many seconds (10-20)... why? how can i resolve it? thanks

p.s. imon manager ver 7.40.086
    imon firmware ver 0x440201

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom